Chapter 91

Ik this is the second time it's been Cass's birthday in this book but Saints is coming up soon too. It's my glo day btw 🥳 10/10
***
A week later...
March 17th
Cassie Davis
Getting off of the phone with my agent, a huge smile appeared on my face. She'd just told me that I'd be featuring in a maternity magazine, modeling their clothes. All a day before my birthday.

I was excited to tell Saint because I already knew how proud and happy he'd be. Making moves and doing bigger and better things. Everything was falling into place perfectly.

Tonight he was gonna come home from his press conference and we were gonna celebrate my birthday starting at 12. He said he had something planned and I couldn't wait.

Walking down the halls of the house, I could smell something being baked and other pleasant aromas in the air. Walking down the hall faster than before I could feel my stomach growl and the baby kick. Shawty was hungry too.

"Mrs. Berryyyyy!!" I called out, entering the kitchen.

First thing I saw was her frosting a pretty pink cake on the counter.

"Is that for me?" I asked, taking a seat across from her.

"Says your name on it I believe." She laughed, turning it around so I could see it.

"It's so pretty!" I squealed. "Thank you so much."

"Anything for the mommy to be." She smiled.

"I'm gonna cry. It's not even my birthday yet and you're already making me a cake." I sniffled, trying to hold back tears.

"Okay if you gone cry, don't cry over the cake baby girl." Mrs. Berry chuckled, pulling my chair back.

"I'm sorry." I sniffled, catching my tears after they fell.

"It's okay hun." She smiled. "I made you a fresh batch of beignets for you and the baby too."

"Yay!" I squealed. "Mrs. Berry spoiling us mama." I smiled, talking to my belly.

As soon as I did, she started kicking.

"Ah see! She's excited." I giggled, watching her move in my belly.

"You and that baby are going to have a special connection with the way she reacts to you." Mrs. Berry laughed.

"I swear I cannot wait to meet her Mrs. Berry." I gushed, rubbing on my stomach.

"I can't wait either." She agreed. "That baby gone love her some Mrs. Berry."

"I know she is." I chuckled, feeling my phone vibrate from inside my sweat pants pocket.

Pulling it out, I swiped right answering an incoming FaceTime call from Saint.

"Babyyyy." I blushed, finding the perfect lighting for him to see me in.

"What's crackin?" He asked, smiling in the camera.

"Nothin...chillin with Mrs. Berry." I answered. "She made me a cake!"

"Let me see it." He said slightly tilting the camera up.

Flipping the camera around, I made sure he got a clear view of the cake.

"It's so pretty right?" I asked.

"Yeah Mrs. Berry did ha thang. We gone have to give her a raise." He agreed.

"I'm saying." I chuckled. "And she making me and the baby some fucking beignets?!?"

"Ah shit Cass turning up for her 24th." He joked knowing damn well that's not how I wanted to spend my birthday.