23

(Him)

"Are you sure about that?" Asks my father.

"I think it the best solution for now." Says my mother.

"I know! It's just I don't like the idea to not be with them. Tom is our grandson and my wolf doesn't like the idea to trust another alpha with his safety. As so never we never needed help for another pack.

" I know I'm feeling like that too but I can't face her. I can't do it for 10 days. Anna-Lynn is right Nora doesn't know anything and when she will it will destroy her. So the best solution is to send her somewhere safe. And Markus can't spy on us. I have already mentioned to her that idea to send her away so I will not be lying to her when I tell her I'm doing for her own safety. She will accept that more easily if Tom is going with her and I will be more appease." I tell him.

"Okay. I will respect that but why Alpha David?" Dad asks me.

"Because he is my friend and I trust him. Moreover, his pack is the closest one from here. And we don't have any allies to ask anyway." I answer.

"We could ask Alpha Chris. I'm sure he will accept." He says.

"We will not ask him, Franck! He already stole our son!" Says My Mother.

"Don't be silly! What's happened with Alistair is our fault. We should have accepted his mate's choice. You know how the mate pull can be strong."

"The mate pull is not an excuse Franck. Liam did what he has to do and rejected Anna-Lynn like he has to for the pack." She retorts dryly.

"Don't use that tone with me, Marie. We are his parents! His happiness should come first!" He scolds her.

"I'm his mother! I know what's best for him. That witch will never be the mate he needs!"

"And as his mother. You should give her a chance! I don't want to be like John and realize in a few years that I have a grandkid that I don't know! Is that what you want Marie?"

Yep, they are still on bad terms with each other as they use their names to speak to each other and not sweet names as they used to. My mother is a very stubborn woman. Dad will have to crawl on her feet to earn her forgiveness.

"He is right mom. Nora is an only child. I want Tom to know his cousins. We need to accept his choice if we want to still have a place in his life." I say.

"I just wish to know what I did wrong for you to mate with Anna-Lynn and him with that witch." She says defeated as she knows we are right.

"Maybe we were too proud and too confident. We always felt so superior to anyone. Maybe it's a reminder from the Moon Goddess that's we need to put some water in our wine." Dad says.

"Or in our blood instead. I will try to work on that. He is still my son and I want him happy at the end." Mom says sighing.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I don't think I was cursed in my mating. I don't regret rejecting Anna-Lynn but I think the Moon Goddess gifted her with a lot of abilities. The more I see her the more I see the great Luna she could have been. I don't change anything at the fact I think Nora is a better match for me."

My father nods in agreement and my mother is gritting her teeth.

"You have just said that because you feel betrayed by Markus spying on you. Nora is your mate and I will let you getting close to Anna-Lynn while she is away!" She retorts.

"Mom! Nora is my Luna no matter what. Markus can't change that. I'm just surprised by Anna-Lynn's abilities."

"He is right you know. I'd never expected that from her but she is too dominating for Liam. They would have fight like dogs and cats all the time. Maybe it could have worked with the old Anna-Lynn but with who she is now it can't." Dad says.