drugin' | twenty eight.

June 25, 2019

It's the night of Shantey's documentary premiere

She has two more hours to relax her mind and body before dealing with the flashing cameras and reporters on the carpet of the documentary premiere.

Shantey stands on the balcony of her master suite taking in the view of her backyard and trees. The led lights in the swimming pool shines and the patio light is on. A very light wind blows, brushing across the straightened hair her hairstylist done for her with two clips on each side of the middle part. She wears a simple crop top with leggings.

She feels a hand touch the low of her back and a soft kiss placed on her temple. She looks to her right to Tavon standing there and leans on the balcony rail.

Shantey still haven't told him about the incident with Dave back in New York weeks ago. She knows that telling him sooner would've been right, but instead she's been keeping her distance staying busy with her son's and releasing yet another single.

"You aight?" Tavon asks looking her over.

"Perfect," she lies, easily moving over to where his hand doesn't touch her. "You? You alright?"

"I'm good. ." he says, noticing every time he's touched her, she'd move away. He knows there is something going on with Shantey. He's just waiting on her to come clean. "You still ain't feeling good?"

"I'm fine," she replies quickly.

"Hm," he eyes her attentively. "Whatchu do, Shantey?"

"What?"

"For weeks you ain't been letting me touch you claiming it's because you're not 'feeling well'. Yet, you released a single within the last few weeks and been doing for yo boys. But with me, you distant. Your distance comes for a reason."

Shantey looks up at Tavon, staring into his chestnut brown eyes. She sees how bad he's wanting to just know what's going on with her. She starts opening her mouth to finally come clean, but she's interrupted by. .