(59)

Song Above: Better Now Etham ( who happens to my boyfriends best friend) check him out!

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

BRODY

I roll onto my side and groan as my sore face presses against the rough fabric I'm laying on. I pull the blankets that were around my shoulders closer to my face as the light pooled in through the blinds, rude awakening when all I wanted to do was sleep.

That was weird.

My bedroom had blackout curtains, it could be one of the sunniest days of the year and I wouldn't see a smidge of light.

Also, this blanket was way too soft to be my own.

Where the hell-

"Morning sleepyhead," A small voice I hadn't heard in a while says and I instantly fling my eyes open and jump to my feet, frantically scanning my surroundings. I almost knock over a table with a freshly brewed coffee on it. The antique furniture, the mixture of pale colors on the walls that looked as if they were out of a homeware magazine made my stomach twist.

Oh no, why was I here?

"Brody calm down," Golden blonde hair is what I see at first and then those big green eyes staring at me wide-eyed. If you'd asked me a few years ago about those eyes I would have told you they were the most beautiful I had seen.

That was until I had really looked into Ivys.

Oh, shit Ivy.

Yesterday's events came flooding back so fast it made me feel dizzy. Ivy, my dad, the drink I had brought and then it was all a blur. Oh no no no this couldn't be happening.  I stumbled and fell onto the sofa, letting out a frustrated groan and finding my head in my hands. I cursed to the high heavens.

If I was here then I'd royally fucked up, fucked up more than what I did yesterday.

"Brody baby, what's wrong?" She sank into the seat beside me, a gentle hand rubbing at the base of my back. Her hair brushed against my cheek and I could smell the cherry shampoo she'd used. I could understand why I might have driven here. She was familiar, warm, welcoming.

The girl I thought was my first love.

The girl I had lost my virginity to.

But then I remembered those freckles that scattered against that tiny button nose, the plump lips that I loved feeling against mine, that long brown hair that pooled out into waves against my white bedroom sheets.

Ivy.

My beautiful Ivy.

I couldn't have done this to her. I wouldn't have hurt her more than I already had.

Would I?

"Olivia, why am I here?" I shrugged her hand off my back and moved across the sofa so we were a safe distance apart. I saw her visibly sink but she hid it well with a white smile. 

Anyone else who didn't know her would think she didn't care but I knew her very well.

She chucked her hair over her shoulder and looked directly at me. "You came here last night drunk as per."

"We didn't you know..." I trailed. I prayed my worst nightmare wasn't true. I thought I was different now but had drink brought out the side of me I hated most about myself?