Chapter Four - Defending Inkopolis

Once up melody was surprised of the sight, but so was max. "wow..." said melody with her mouth open. "it so beautiful..." max said being amazed. Suddenly some helicopters came flying to them. At that point the captain came up with agent 3. "AGENTS! AGENTS! WE GOT YOU!" pearl said with her mic. Marina was standing behind her playing their songs.

Max, melody, agent 3 and the captain came on board of the helicopter. "phew... we can breathe easy now." Marina said, but got pushed aside by pearl. Pearl was starting a rap battle against the captain. Melody and max shook their heads.

Suddenly there was movement where they came from. Max and melody alarmed the others. "look guys..." melody said. "What... is... that?!" pearl said surprised. There was statue caming out of the water. It had the from of a human. "That form... But they were said to have been destroyed so long ago. It's... HUMAN!" the captain said. The telephone was in one of the statue's eyes. "Huh? Not that phone again!" the captain yelled. The telephone had that same slim as what agent 3 had on his whole body.

"TARTAR IN DA HOUSE! [DISABLING CONTEMPORARY SPEECH MODE] I am TARTAR, an AI construct created 12,000 years ago by a brilliant professor. My prime directive is to pass humanity's vast knowledge on to the next worthy lifeform. When your kind became self-aware, I hoped that my long wait was finally over. But as I observed your evolution, I WAS DISGUSTED! You wage war over minor genetic deviations. You obsess over trivial fashion choices. And so I created a new prime directive: destroy this world and start anew! From the best and brightest test subjects, I created a sludge of supreme DNA. A primordial ooze from which the ultimate lifeform will emerge. Today is the day my vision becomes reality, as I destroy Inkopolis and everyone in it!" tartar said the them as the laser got ready. Melody and max got worried.

"Yo... What the heck is that?!" pearl yelled looking at marina. Marina quickly got her laptop. "Gimme a sec... I'm analyzing it." Marina said typing wildly on her laptop. "I'm picking up a massive amount of energy emanating from that statue." Marina said to them being really worried. "Uh... That doesn't sound good." Pearl answered. "So, yeah... That statue is charging up enough energy to destroy the entire world." Marina continued. Melody and max looked at each other. What could they do... " HOW DO WE STOP IT?!" pearl panicked. "Hmm... let's see..." marina said while being busy on her laptop.

"The entire statue seems to be absorbing sunlight and converting it into energy. So if we cover the whole thing in ink, we should be able to stop it from charging..." marina said while showing a slide show of what she said. "You're saying we gotta ink that entire hunk of rock? Seriously?!" pearl said still panicking. "Well, we can use the hyperbombs I'm working on, but they're still prototypes. They have to be manually detonated, so the Agents will have to shoot each one." Marina said and showing how its done to both pearl, max and melody. Melody and max nodded.

"we can do that together!" melody proudly said. "What can I do?" pearl asked very curiously. "Once the statue isn't charging anymore, you need to hit it with a full-power battle cry." Marina said while showing the plan. "Wait, what?! I haven't done that in forever. I don't even know if I can do it anymore." Pearl said worried. "Well, we only have about three minutes until that thing is ready to fire. So use that time to warm up your vocal chords. We need maximum Pearl!" marina said to motivate pearl. "Got it. Blowing out my voice is a small price to pay for saving the world!" pearl said being positive about it.

"And... what about me?" the captain said. "You can... uh... be the hype man." Marina quickly thought of something. Melody and max were laughing slightly. "You got it! World about to blow - SQUIDBEAK, LET'S GO!" the captain cheered.

"Agents! Use those ride rails to get around! I'll drop hyperbombs at these locations! I'll start by dropping five hyperbombs on its chest. After 30 seconds, I'll drop five on its neck. After 60 seconds, I'll drop five on its back. After 90 seconds, I'll drop five on its right arm. After two minutes, I'll drop 10 on its head. You'll have to detonate all these hyperbombs in under three minutes!" marina said to melody and max. melody and max nodded and they super jump to the statue.

"max I go in the back you in the front!" melody said as she run with her brush. "okay!" max said as he went to his position. Max destroyed 2 of the hyperbombs whilst melody destroyed 3. "this side is ready!" melody yelled. "same over here!" max yelled. Quickly they went to the next point. They work hard together that the next bombs weren't even in.

They continued with the bombs. Melody and max did this with ease, but there will be a struggle for max. although he made the rails he couldn't ride them. "melody! We are having a problem.. I cant ride those rails..." max said being a little scared. "max, if you just take care of the bombs you can reach then I will do the bombs with the rails!" melody said as she took the rails.

Max got every bomb he got reach. Melody was doing her best on the rails. She got every bomb. "melody last minute! The last bombs will be on his head!" max yelled to melody. " okay! I go there!" melody said as she rushed to the rails. She got on it but missed one of the bombs. "shit I get it after this..." melody said as she attack the other bombs. She had had 2 left but 15 seconds. "max! get on the rails! I missed one, but we have to less time!" melody yelled as she got her last bombs. Max looked scare. He couldn't do that, but he had to. He jumped on one and shoot the bomb melody missed. " we did it!" melody said with a smile as she was above max. "melody im gonna fall..." max sad as he tries to hold his balance, but fails. He felt down. "MAX!!!" melody yelled and jumped to him. Max screamed. Melody hold him and use her super jump to the helicopter.

"Energy readings don't indicate a full charge, but it looks like it's going to fire anyway!" marina typed as she looks at her laptop. "Number 10,008... No test subject has worked so hard to spoil my plans... But now you will blend into... the perfect world the professor envisioned. Farewell, 10,008. Farewell to you and that worthless cesspool of a city..." tartar said as he makes his weapon ready to shoot. Pearl jumped down. "Great work, Eight - I got it from here. VOCAL CHORDS READY!" pearl got her special ready as she said that. "AYO, STATUE!" pearl yelled as she get her killerwhale. Tartar shoot his weapon. "Boo-YAAAAAAHHHHHH!" pearl screamed very loudly. It looked like tartar weapons was stronger, but pearl voice was stronger. Beating the tartar.

"Grkk...! G-g-gaahhh! Professor... Our reunion beckons... Krrrhhhssshhh..." tartar died.

Marina jumped down and hugged pearl. " you did a great job!" marina was happy that pearl felt on the ground. "whoa marina" pearl said, but hugged her back. Agent 3 woke up looking around her. "what happened? Where am i?" she said. Max and melody couldn't understand her that well. "youre in inkopolis, agent 3." The captain said. "who are they?" agent 3 asked while pointing to melody and max. "these are our new agents. Agent 7 and agent 8. They are octolings, but they are good." The captain said. "meeting to nice you" melody tried her best on the inkling language. "nice meeting to you" max tried the same, but they both fail at it. Agent 3 shakes their hand. "its nice to meet you two. My name is orange, but call me three." Three said to them with a smile. Melody smiled at three. "i see you guys don't know much about our language. I can help you guys with that." Three said with a smile. "yes, can do we!" melody cheered up. Max laughed at them. The captain smiled at them.