Episode 55

"Ms. Landon? Could I see you please?"

Dani finishes packing up her things and walks over to Mrs. Smithson's desk. "Yes?"

Mrs. Smithson looks up at Dani with a small smile from her seated position. "I'm very impressed by you, Danielle."

Dani looks down at her in confusion. "Um...thank you...?"

"Nick's grade has improved remarkably in just the few short weeks you've been tutoring him."

"Well, that's great but I haven't really done anything. Nick's smart, he just doesn't put in the effort a lot of the time."

"Have you thought about a career in science? Because with your grades and complete understanding of everything we've gone over...I believe it could be a definite career path for you in the future."

She smiles lightly at Mrs. Smithson's suggestion and wishes it could be an option. "Thank you for the confidence, Mrs. Smithson but future careers aren't really on my radar at the moment. It's not a big priority for me."

Mrs. Smithson gives Dani a curious look. "Really? You're a senior, I would've thought these things would be at the top of your priority list."  

"Thank you for the suggestion, Mrs. Smithson." She gives her a small, fake smile before turning and walking out of the classroom. Nick had been standing by the classroom door and steps out in front of Dani when she walks out. He holds a paper up in front of her face with a large smile. She snatches the paper with a smirk and begins walking down the hall while looking it over. She eventually look up at him with a smile. "An A? You got an A on one of Mrs. Smithson's tests?"  

"She let me redo it and the grade went up three letter grades!"  

Dani slaps the paper to his chest and gives him a sarcastic look. "Maybe it's because you actually cared enough to try this time."  

He smiles and grabs the paper. "Or maybe it's because I have an awesome tutor."  

She rolls her eyes and continues walking down the hall. "Please, you know good and well I'm not teaching you anything you don't already know."  

"Not true. Sure, I may just be lazy half the time but I honestly don't pay attention in class...any class, really. It's just Mrs. Smithson's class is harder than all the others."  

"No shizz."  

He looks over at her with a raised eyebrow and begins laughing. "Did you just say 'no shizz'?"  

She continues starring ahead with slightly pink cheeks and shrugs. "Maybe."  

He chuckles and admires Dani's smile for a moment. "You know, there's a game tonight...you should come."  

She gives Nick an unenthusiastic look and snickers. "Nick, the words 'football' and 'Dani' have never been used in the same sentence...nor will they ever be. Football games just aren't my thing."  

He snickers and nods. "Yeah, I kinda figured but thought I'd give it a shot." He looks over at her with a smile. "Guess I'll see you Monday then?"  

"Yeah, unless you show up at my house uninvited...again." She gives him a playful glare. He smirks and gives her one of his famous winks before rushing off down the hall.  

~~~  

Joe's standing at his locker getting books out when someone walks up behind him and puts their hands over his eyes.  

"Guess who..."  

He smirks. "Hmmmm, let me think...the most beautiful girl in the whole world?" He reaches up and takes Taylor's hands off of his eyes turning around to face her. "I was right." She blushes and continues holding Joe's hands at her sides. Joe smiles and pecks her on the lips. "How are you?"