Ch.19 The Sports Festival Begins

The day was sunny and clear. People were bustling in and out of UA. Some clever businessmen smelled money from miles away and put up stalls of food, games and information at the outside of the main entrance. UA's School Festival was an event a lot of people were waiting for, whether heroes, students, civilians, or the media.

This event was not only guaranteed to be watched by the whole country but also the whole world was watching. Although other countries had their own events and student recruits, only Japan had given birth to one of the strongest heroes alive, Allmight. After several political battles and offers, Allmight had accepted an internship in America before he made his debut.

Now that Allmight had been taken, other countries are sure to keep an eye on the Sports Festival for an opportunity to snatch away any potential "future" Symbol of Peace.
....
1-A Waiting Room

Everyone was chatting on how they were nervous, how they trained and a weird rumor that Izuku liked being a meat shield and take damage. Izuku was smiled bitterly wondering how that rumor started.

He had decided on not bringing Rías out as she was still a juvenile and didn't want to expose her to the whole world jut yet. Izuku had left her with her mom as work was canceled for this day. Since Rías had matured a lot since her infant days, she became more obedient and his mom didn't mind anymore.

Right now, Izuku was talking, or at least trying, to Bakugou about how he should have joined his training sessions. "You missed the fun, you know Kacchan? Many of those who joined the training sessions got a deeper understanding of their Quirks after sparring for a while."

Bakugou was having a feeling that he was being scammed by a suspicious businessman who gave the "buy one and get the second one for the same price" speech, "I told you, Deku! I don't need your training! And something smells fishy when you mention your training sessions!"

Izuku said in disbelief, "How could I do something so suspicious?! I just wanted to help my dear friend and classmates! I am a law abiding citizen and student."

He put a hand on his chest as if wronged. This little show made Bakugou more suspicious but couldn't say anything as a voice came from behind them, "Midoriya."

They both turned their heads to see Todoroki walking towards them. Izuku answered, "Oh? What's up, Todoroki?"

Todoroki continued indifferently, "In terms of general strength, I believe I'm above you. Even with your monster forms."

Izuku was confused at the remark but said, "Well you certainly are strong..."

But probably not above me.

He kept that part for himself and let Todoroki continue his reasons, "You managed to catch Allmight's attention and I don't mean to pry on that but I will defeat you."

Izuku was startled at the sudden war declaration and then glanced at Bakugou, who had raised an eyebrow at Todoroki. Why am I a target of getting beaten by everyone. Izuku lamented.

He answered, looking straight at Todoroki, "Well I don't know your reasons for the sudden war declaration but I have my own reasons to do my best in this Sports Festival. I'll give it my all, I hope you do the same."

Izuku ended his phrase with a hand pointing to Todoroki's left side. Todoroki seemed to understand the message and just turned around, "Whatever."

At this moment, an announcement rang from the speaker of the waiting room, May class 1-A pass to the stadium! I repeat, may class 1-A pass to the stadium!

All the students got up from their seats and stopped talking as they headed outside. On the stadium, a voice was resonating through it, "Good day too you all! We're your narrators, Present Mic and Eraserhead!"