Chapter 25

*Three Months Later*

"Your ankle is good to go. Let your wolf heal it and it should be better in the morning. No more dancing though." I tell a pack member.

The teenager just nods and hops off the medical bed, leaving the room.

"Hey Li." I turn and see Arina's mate, Cameron.

He's super chill with almost everything. We get along really well, mainly because he can deal with my attitude.

"Hi Cameron." I greet, and turn back to the bed, changing the parchment paper.

I hear him pull up a chair and sit on it behind me.

I turn and throw away the paper from the bed, and look at a thoughtful Cameron.

"Whats on your mind now?" I find another chair and sit across from him.

"How are you holding up?" He tilts his head.

I raise a questioning brow.

"Liam, it's been three months. You're clearly overworking yourself and everyone is concerned about you." He plainly tells me.

Yes, it has been three months. Three months of trying to avoid talking about ansaldo, and even thinking about him. To avoid thinking about him I got myself way more involved into my medical studies.

I have already spent countless nights and days in the infirmary. And when I woke up due to various nightmares, I came here and the cycle started all over again.

"I'm not overworking myself. I'm fine." I shrug and stand up, clearly done with this conversation.

"Liam, you have to talk about him someday." He hopelessly tries.

I stop and turn around to face him at the doorway.

"Well the 'someday' is not today."

———

Everyone clapped and laughed as Kyle smashed eastons face with cake. Easton lamely tried to get him back, but Kyle ducks out of his reach.

I down the rest of the white wine in front of me. Hopefully it will somewhat keep me awake for the rest of the night.

I lean back in my chair and sigh, my fingers aimlessly skipping over the unoccupied table.

I think about my conversation with Cameron earlier today. Thinking about how much I'm actually not okay, and how much I have been lying to myself and everyone around me.

Only so much concealer could cover up the dark circles under my eyes from just a few messily hours of sleep each week. I could only barely muster a measly smile so much to convince to others that I was happy. I barely had enough high neck shirts to cover my awful and painful mark that got worse day by day. At least I know how to drown out the pain now.

"Hey li." I snap out of my thoughts and turn my head up to see Kyle.

Things are less awkward between us, but definitely not cleared up or no where near good. I'm tired of constantly yelling at him whenever he's around me, so I no longer give him much attention.

"Could we talk? Just us? No Easton, no parents." He sheepishly requests.

I silently sigh. It's probably time to discuss the letters anyways.

I stand up out of my seat. "Where?"

"Your room, how about?" We start walking out of his wedding scene. I assume he only has a few minutes, and it's more of some 'Easton' events right now.

I lead him up to my room, and lock the door after he enters behind me.

"Can I sit?" He points to the chair behind my desk. I nod and cross my legs over each other on my bed.

"Ansaldo told me about a situation where he stole your letters you tried to send me." I begin before Kyle can.

Kyle nods. "I caught him doing that a week before I was supposed to leave. I tried to tell you when I got back but, I mean, it was obvious you didn't want anything to do with me."

My eyes flicker to the window above my bed. Such a sunny day for a sad mood.

"Yeah. Easton being here didn't really help either." I blink.

"He insisted to come. I'm going to be honest, I didn't want him to be here when I got back. But he was kinda a wreck with everyone when we met, and he wanted to make it up to me I guess." Kyle explains.

"A wreck?" I look back at Kyle.

He nods, but smiles. "Yeah. He was a jerk to anyone that would talk to me after we found out that we were, you know, mates and all. I eventually told him off, and he felt awful. It was quite the experience."

"So you're telling me, your relationship wasn't always perfect with him?" I question.

He immediately shakes his head. "Oh, dear goddess no. No ones relationship is perfect. That's what makes a relationship a relationship. Without our trials and many disagreements, we wouldn't be where we are today. Trust me."

I put my head in my hands. "I'm assuming you forgave him because you trusted him enough to change?"

Kyle hopefully nodded. "Of course I did. If I dwelled on it, it wouldn't turn out pretty."

Shit.

"I've been such a bitch." I almost cry.

Kyle tilts his head. "What?" He asks, genuinely confused.

"I've just been the worst partner ever. Fuck." I swallow back tears.

I feel Kyle sit down next to me, and an arm wrap comfortingly around my shoulders.

"You haven't been the worst. You've been like anyone else who's made a mistake. I have, so has Easton."

I chuckle, because as ridiculously cheesy as it sounds, he's right.

"You sound like an inspirational quote that's placed in front of a sunset." I lighten the mood.

Kyle laughs. "And there's the Liam I've been waiting for."

I roll my eyes, and stand up, to properly give him a hug.

"So, good terms?" Kyle asks, pulling away.

I hesitate before nodding, and offering my hand.

"Good terms. This doesn't mean I forgive you fully though." We shake hands.

He shakes his head and chuckles. "I don't doubt it."

Our hands pull apart, and it's like some weight has been lifted off my chest.

"I think you know what you need to do now, Li." He seriously says.

I nod.

I need to fly back to Italy.