Chapter 13

Edited

Ace was waiting for me to make the first move. He made a 'come here' motion with his index finger. We started to circle eachother. I threw a punch at his stomach and one at his chest. He managed to catch both my wrists in each of his hands. I gasped and met his eyes. He was wearing a smirk on his face.

"Don't underestimate a gamma. That will be your first mistake," He said and pushed me back by my wrists, making me stumble back. Luckily, I caught myself before I fell.

I stood back up and got back into my defensive position. Ace threw a punch at me but I quickly moved to the side. He threw another punch, but I blocked it. I threw a punch at him, he dodged it but then stood straight.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his sudden stopping.

"You're positions are wrong. You're not positioning correctly," He told me.

"Get into your defensive position," He ordered and I did as I was told. He then proceeded to get behind me. Ace adjusted my arms and legs.

"There. Always keep your legs bent in case you need to pounce on your opponent."

He moves my arms slowly as if I were to be punching someone. "Always aim for the face. Eyes and nose are the most vulnerable placed on the face. Also, aim for the stomach, neck and where the sun don't shine." He chuckled which made me giggle at his lack of seriousness.

"You try," He instructed and walked back around me until he was in front of me. We both got into a defensive position. I started punching where he had instructed me. He obviously blocked all of them so I wouldn't hurt him.

Ace put his hands to his sides again and I prepared to listen to his next lesson.

"Okay. Now, you always have to think one step ahead of your opponent. You have to know what they are going to do before they even know they are going to do it. For example, if they shift to the left, they will most likely punch to the left and vice-versa." I nodded as I grasped the material. "Also, never underestimate your opponent. Like I said before, it will be your first mistake and that mistake will lead to your downfall."

I nodded once again.

"Try now."

We got back into our fighting stance and I start to throw punches. This time, I managed to land some punches and block some from Ace.

I was about to throw another punch when I was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. I tensed and I recognized who it was. I turned around to meet their eyes.

"Your technique is wrong," He pointed out.

"I'm working on it." I sassed which made him growl.

"You don't disrespect me," He growled ad he gripped my chin and put his face in front of mine. "Or the consequences will be dire." He grinned evily before letting my chin go and pulling away.

"As I was saying." He stared me in the eyes. "Your technique is wrong."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How exactly is it wrong?"

"Figure it out," He spat and I scowled before he started walking away.

"I don't think I can fix it if you don't tell me what I did wrong!" I yelled after him which only made him growl in response.

I turned back around to meet Ace. He had a very confused expression across his face.

"How do you know him?" He asked. I simply shrugged, not really wanting to answer that question.

"It's a very long story. In fact, so long that it might kill you. That made no sense," I mumbled the last part to myself.

"I'm all ears." Ace smiled and I groaned internally along with Isla. I didn't really want to tell him but since he is the gamma, he deserves to know.

"I cannot tell you here and no one knows I'm his..." I whispered, trailing off. Ace's eyes widened but lit up in excitement.

"Finally!" He yelled and I shushed him. I got a very strong sense of deja vu.

"Sorry." He gave me a sheepish smile.

"Its okay. I can tell you after training is over which is in 25 minutes," I told him. He nods and we continue to train.

*

I groaned as I dragged my soar and aching legs across the tile floor of the living room. I went over to the couch and let myself fall onto it.

Both Charles and Ace followed behind me. They sat on either side of me.

"Rayna?" Ace asked.

"Yes?" I tried not to sound nervous as I  already knew what he was going to ask me.

"Were you not going to tell me about Orion?" He asked and I groaned internally as my hope that he wouldn't ask me about that died.

"I guess. You deserve to know since you're close to him." He smiled at me but I just nodded.

"Not here though," Charles piped in. "We can go into the office and talk," He said. "If Orion isnt already in there," He added.

"Alright. Let's go then," I said and Charles led both Ace and I up the stairs and into Orion's office. Ace closed the door behind himself and locked it. We all sat down in the chairs that were in front of us.

"Okay I will tell you but this conversation stays in this room and only in this room. No other soul should know about this until the time is right," I told Ace and he nodded along with Charles. "You, Charles, and my family are the only ones who know about this," I continued, earning another nod from both of them.

I proceeded by taking a huge breathe before telling them the whole thing from when we met, to when he rejected me, to the arguement this morning. Ace looked appalled at what I had just told him. He didn't look surprised though, as if this was something normal. I refrained from shedding any tears as crying was not going to help the situation.

"He tends to be a very coldhearted person on the outside but on the inside, he truly cares about you and the pack," Ace said.

I shook my head at his reasoning for it. "He may care about the pack, but I know he doesn't care about me," I said.

"No. I know he cares about you. I saw his eyes the day that you met. Something along the lines of admiration and love flashed in his eyes," Charles said.

"You shouldn't justify the wrongs of others," I told him off.
______________________________________

How was this one?

I'm feeling better from the loss of the person in my grade.

I'm really enjoying writing this and I hope you guys enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoy writing it. After all, it is for you guys.

Remember to comment your questions and I'm make a part where I answer them. One question I won't answer is my age or grade. I don't know, but I feel it is a little personal.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.