「C.6」

𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓈𝑜𝓃

"Miss her, kiss her, love her, wrong move you're dead"

T.P

When will we, you and I, see eye to eye?

When will you become to the fuel to my heart. Igniting a million fireworks like abstract art.

When will you. . .be the sun to my moon?

Tell me soon...

"Tzuyu", a voice rippled me from the window of inner thoughts. I glanced at the moon before turning to face mother. Her hair sectioned in two loose braids. Her attire casual, a shirt and jeans to match her jimmy choos. "He's ready to see you"

As much as I respect and love my parents, I am deadass tired today. Like can this predicament wait until after I get 5 hours of sleep?

Mother pecked me on the cheek before I headed down the corridor.

Paintings of our home, our culture and pride, Taiwan, decorated the hallways from as far as the eyes could see. It was our reminder to never lose sight of our hardships. Our history. Our People. Everything wasn't passion, but it was debatable. As long as we, Ming and I, did what we were told, things would be fine.

Or as grandfather used to say, Chī Dé Kǔ zhōng kǔ fāng wéirén shàng rén; Eat bitter so you can rise to the top.

If there's one thing about my father that I like, despite his stern attitude, I think it'd have to be his taste in music. From English to Mandarin, Jazz to Classical, he listens to it all. Just last week I heard him listening to Rhianna's Work.

Maybe it motivated him to actually work.

"lí-jî", father greeted when I shuffled in to bow to him.

"You've called for me, pa?"

"Yes. I wanted to talk with you about some important matters. Matters regarding our investments in Japan. I take it your mother has given you insight, yes?"

"She has, yes", I replied, tugging the cuff of my sleeve as I sat facing him.

"Good" A few papers moved aside so he could lean forward, hands clasped together. "Have you and our daughter-in-law been well? It has been much too long since our last greeting. When will you two give up on being timid young adults and give your ol' parents a visit. Days are fleeting and we're not getting much younger, you know"

"I'm aware pa. And yes, she's been well. I'll pass on the message that you've been expecting her"

Yea fucking right. I don't even know Sana's phone number, much less her address, or if she'll even talk to me after my fuckup.

"Do tell her. That girl is a bundle of joy, it'd be a pleasure to have her over for dinner again", father confessed. But something was strange. Glistening behind those 50+ years of life in his eyes. And it was at that moment I knew. . .I fucked up. "Dinner, yes, bring her over for dinner. Tomorrow. 6pm sharp"

There goes my tombstone

"D-dinner? T-tomorrow? Um...can we postpone it till next month. . .or next year, please?", I nearly croaked. Either my old man is psychic or I'm getting hit with karma shawarma.

Analyzing for reasons father squinted. "Is there an issue between you and Sana that we are not aware of?". His tone wasn't angry, which was good, but not good because even when it's low and threatening like that it's just as bad. Or worse.

"P-problem? No no no, of course not. We're good. Goofy goobers. Gucci gang. Never been better"

Yikes, talk about being discreet. I blame lack of sleep

"Goofy goobers? Chou Tzuyu, what is the meaning of thi-"

"Pardon the intrusion, pa"

By thanks to the gods

Ming's intrusion saved my ass by a long shot. Also reminder to self to never talk to father on 4 hours of sleep.

"So you've decided to show up, ay Ming", the both of them did their father and son whatever handshake before Minghao flopped beside me on couch.

Ming nudged his leg against mines when he sat. A thing he does whenever he's got something important to say. Which at this point I'm all ears for.

"Traffic jam on the way here, pa. And I was hoping Tzuki would've mentioned my delayed arrival", he had a sarcastic tone to him that father didn't seem to notice except me.

Regardless, our father gave a brief nod before twirling around to face the city in raining silver.

"Just before you came Ming, I was mentioning to Tzuyu about bringing Sana over for dinner tomorrow". He continued when neither of us spoke. "But the main reason I'd like to see her is because I know she can be useful. She's Japanese, fluent in the language, and would be tremendous help for our mishap in Japan"

Ming and I glanced at each other.

"Wonderful idea pa", Ming stated, tapping his finger against the arm rest. The thing he does when he's thinking. Or figuring out how to irk me in one way or another. Before speaking again, a curl from his lips, so subtle, so quick, told me he was going to set me deeper down the grave than I already am. "Sana would love to see you and mother again, isn't that right Tzuki?"

Eye-

This man has officially gone mad. Berserk. A disgrace. "R-right. . .", I muttered, straining my eyes on Ming who payed me no mind.

How the hell will Sana come to dinner tomorrow!? Is Minghao bluffing!? He's gotta be. That's the only thing he's good at. Bluffing!

Overjoyed with the unlikely answer coming straight out of Minghao's ass, father gave a hearty laugh. He faced us, chair squeaking as it rolled across wooden floors. "Good, very good. You two are free to go". A wave of his hand had Ming and I rushing to our feet to bow. "Be well my children. Eat good and sleep tight tonight"

More like sleepless night. . .

As we left father's office, it didn't take long before these hands jockeyed Ming on the chest.

"What in the fucketh of all fucking was that?!", I seethed while gritting my teeth. Not an ounce of him shook with my threat. Just one disgusting devilish crooked smile and a shrug of his shoulders.

"You should be thanking me that I saved you dummy", he scoffed. "If mom and dad found out about the not-so-happy relationship between you and Sana, they'd freak. And you know how father doesn't like to be lied to. You had 2 years to tell him this, Tzuki"

Damn. He's right again.

Even if a part of me hated the fact he was right.

"So what's the plan bruh? You gonna kidnap her or something?", I chuckled for about a good minute until I realized he wasn't chuckling along with me. "You...you're not actually gonna kidnap her. . .right?" Another silence fell. "Ming SAY SOMETHING!"

Like the clown he was, a goofy smile played on his lips.

"Say something", he mocked, escaping down the hallway before I could jab him in the throat.

One day... just one day god...give me the strength to not one day murder my dear brother

____________________________

Chaps are short, I've come to realize, but i got yall. I'll try to weave in longer and more impactful ones soon.

Keep ya chin up peeps.

[A™]