; CHAPTER 1 ; - I should be dead

The sound of the soft beeps echoing in the pristine white room is enough to cause the raven haired more stressed than some of the battles he had fought. Despite such a clean room, its dreary. There isn't a day he's not there, though. He feels the need to be there. That he needs to be at his side.

His ocean colored hues are dull; the skin around his eyes puffy and red from the constant crying he's been doing. He's been here every day of the month, every month since he was put in. Every day after school until they had to force him out of the room; or the nights he could spend there. He didn't understand why; Jotaro Kujo wasn't a man of many words, leading to little friends. Kakyoin was one of the first people he could actually feel... himself around; a simple high schooler like himself, and despite their common flaws, such as Kakyoin being a shut in hermit and Jotaro being a lashing out introvert, they seemed to have good chemistry.

Jotaro really didn't want to lose that.

Though he'd never admit it, he'd often find himself talking to him. Telling him about school, about his interest in marine life; sometimes his interest in him. Though that was rare, because even he was still denying it. But the more he thought about it, the more strange it was. How come he felt this way? So strongly over the redhead, how he looked so peaceful when laying down like this. It was something he wished never happened, he wished they could just go to school together like normal.

Its been a year and six months. July of 1990.

'Noriaki! Noriaki what are you doing up there?!' Kakyoin's mother called as the sound of thumping is heard as he runs around in his room. His mother was happy he was having fun, but just WHAT was he doing? 'I'm sorry mom! I didn't mean to be so loud. I was...' Kakyoin knew she couldn't see his friend. 'I was playing with my friend Green!' Kakyoin has a spark in his eyes as he talked. His mother was worried about her son and this 'Green' character, yet she smiled sweetly anyways. Her little cherry was happy and that's all that mattered to her.

It's quiet yet again, aside from the constant beeping. He's left alone with his thoughts. He isn't sure how much longer he's gonna be able to take seeing him like this.

He still remembers when it happened; how he actually cried so hard, seeing Kakyoin's lifeless body hooked onto life support. How he was scared that the Foundation wouldn't be able to save him—his first true friend, the only on he could feel himself around without feeling judged. Despite being polar-opposites in personality, they got along really well.

"You should wake up anytime soon, you know? It's lonely. Seven months, Kak.. Good Grief you're persistent. Do you not want to see me that bad?" This brings a gruff, half hearted laugh out of the raven haired, before he let a quiet sigh out and rested his head on the bed, hand holding onto the male before him. His hand is trembling. He should leave, but he can't bring himself to move.

"My Mom misses you too. She thought you were the sweetest thing.. She comes by every now and again. She's doing better, she can see stands so she often tries to be affectionate to Star. It's fucking annoying." Yet he likes it. Despite his delinquent behavior, in a way.. Star was his true feelings. He was more affectionate to his mother and honestly he wouldn't want it any other way. Head raises to see the sleeping face.

"I think'll stay here tonight..."

'Noriaki it's time to wake up.' His mothers voice was soft and quiet as Kakyoin laid in the sunlight, grass waving around his small face.

'I don't want to.. It's nice here. Warm..' He's tired.. but perhaps his mother was right. He had been asleep far too long.

It was time.

Violet eyes slowly started to pluck open, the first thing he was greeted with was the dim fluorescent lights staring him straight back down in the face. It's already a lot to take in, and soon he notices the heaviness of one side of the bed. All he can do is barely shift his head for the time being. It's Jotaro... Jotaro was here? How long..

He shifts. Kakyoin blinks slowly, but moves his hand to alert him. Jotaro snatches his head up at the movement; he didn't want to admit it but he had been crying for the past ten minutes. He couldn't bottle it up any longer, and they just started coming out; he didn't expect Kakyoin to actually wake up and SEE him crying like this, what was he supposed to do? Play it off as he got something in his eye? "K-Kakyoin..?"

Was his mind playing tricks on him or were those ridiculously vibrant violet eyes staring right back at him with a small smile on his lips? He wasn't exactly sure, but when a weak chuckle and a shaky hand is raised to rub the tears from his puffy eyes, Jotaro had to restrain himself from smacking the hand away like he would usually. Kakyoin is fragile for the time being, he needs to be more careful this time. Hesitantly, he raises his hand to press against the back of it and sigh.

"M'glad you're finally awake.. I was scared you wouldn't." Jotaro's voice was unusually quiet and trembling.. but it's to be expected from being so emotional. Kakyoin simply smiles and pulls his hand away, arm already tired. He had been laying still for the past seven months, after all. He was a lot thinner too, his muscles having gone down over time from not being used at all during the time. He'd get them back easily, but he would need to work to that point again to get to the same size he was before. "You know me, i'm simply a pusher.. Just needed some time is all..."

Kakyoin vividly remembers what happened. He isn't completely out of it.. he remembers being perforated through the torso; the feeling of his body going numb slowly as he slipped in and out of consciousness, how he used the last of his strength to help Mr. Joestar, how he accepted his death. He fought knowing full well he could have died, and he was ready to accept that. Pain surged through his body just remembering it, his violets closing tightly.

He should be dead. He should be in the ground. How was he even alive? Was he really going to be okay? He somewhat doubted that.. yet here he was, hand in Jotaro's as he laid in the hospital bed alone under cold lights.

It would be a long road to recovery, Kakyoin already knew that. He just wanted more rest right now, though. "It's.. nice to see you again..." Kakyoin was already slurring his words, and his eyelids were growing heavy. Jotaro looked at him before fixing his hat, and sighing softly. He squeezed his hand and nodded, staying quiet.

He truly wasn't a man of many words.