Chapter 110

Once you have all gotten over the initial shock of the situation and regathered yourselves, the police take statements from Luke and you. It's as hard retelling what had happened and repeating everything that Jake had said to you as it was going through it all the first time.

After that you all head back to Steve and Peggy's to pick up the other kids that thankfully don't have a clue what had been going on and you and Luke are obviously able to put on convincing brave faces because they don't ask a single question. But the minute you step through the door Steve bombards you with a hug that nearly knocks you off your feet.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't able to help you." He mumbles into your shoulder.

"It's okay Steve." You whimper, gripping onto him.

"Did you guys want to stay for dinner?" Peggy offers kindly.

Bucky looks over at you, standing sheepishly in the corner. You feel like a stranger in your best friends house right now.

"No thanks guys, I think we will just head home," he says quietly and they thankfully nod in understanding.

"If it helps, I've already fed the other two. It's just the twins that need a bottle or whatever." Steve offers.

"Thanks." You smile weakly.

The minute Theo and Isla come racing over to you to hug you and say hi and then you get handed Lilly while Bucky takes Blue you feel like you're going to start crying all over again. You squeeze them harder and hold them closer then you ever have before.

Once you get home it's late. Bucky gets Theo and Isla ready for bed saying that it's been a long day and you all need an early night. Quietly, you slip into the twins nursery and feed them and get them ready to be put down. Throughout the routine you cry softly, a few tears slipping down your cheeks. A few times you just have to stop and sit there looking at them, stroking their hair as their big blue eyes stare up at you. Your so glad that Jake didn't do anything to hurt them and for a moment there you really thought you were never going to see them or any of your family ever again.

Once they're settled down to sleep you have the urge to go see Luke. But when you go to go into his bedroom you find Bucky is already in there, curled up on the bed next to him and talking to him quietly. You stand in the doorway hesitantly, watching them and not wanting to distract them. But eventually Bucky does notice you and slips off of the bed -'d heads out of the room.

"I'll leave you guys to it for a bit." He whispers as he walks past you, pausing to kiss your forehead. "I'll be in bed if you need me."

You lean into his touch gratefully before heading over to Luke's bed where you slip under the blankets and he immediately wraps his arms around you as you do the same to him. He's shaking and you can see the tears rimming his eyes.

"I thought we were gonna die mum." He whimpers.

"I know son, so did I." You sigh, trying to stay strong for him. "But we're okay now."

"He came to school and just started talking to me. I'm so stupid, I shouldn't have gone hear him. He threw me in his van and they tied me up. I'm so sorry, iv been being such a brat. I promise I'll be better." He cries, getting more and more upset and going on a tangent.

"Hey, Shh it's okay. You can't be blamed for wanting to go talk to your father, especially when he's a manipulative man like Jake. But he's going away now for a very long long time. So we're safe," you say softly and stroke his hair, holding him close. "And Luke, you know if you're ever going through something you can always talk to me about anything. I'm sorry if a seem a little distant sometimes or lump a lot on you, but there's just a lot going on and I'm trying my best. But I promise I'll never forget you and I always want to help you in anyway that I can because I'll love you no matter what."