#19 Siblings Time !

Thomas walks to the backyard to find Sam and Grace playing in the shallow swimming pool and Emily sitting on a sunlounger, watching the children play.

   "Why didn't you join them?" Thomas asks Emily whilst walking towards her.

   "Huh?" Emily turns her head swiftly and Thomas points at Sam and Grace who are splashing water at each other. "Oh! Why should I join them? It's a kiddie pool," Emily sits cross-legged and puts the book she has been reading aside. Thomas just nods at her answer.

   Suddenly, William and Elizabeth run towards a large swimming pool and jump into it, making a big splash. Both of them laugh at each other before spotting the twins sitting on the deck.

   "Come on, join us!" William calls out, waving his hand back and forth.

   "Let's go!" Thomas turns to look at Emily.

   "I don't know," Emily hugs her legs, shrinking back against the chair.

   "It'll be okay," Thomas pulls Emily's arm gently and drags her towards the swimming pool that looks very intimidating to Emily. "Why are you shaking? Don't tell me you're afraid of water," Thomas asks as they arrived in front of the pool.

   "I'm not afraid of water! I'm just afraid of drowning," Emily says softly whilst rubbing her arm.

   "Have you drowned before?" William runs his fingers through his wet hair and puts his arms on the edge of the pool.

   "Almost drowned, once," Emily shows her index finger. This incident when she almost drowned at sea will never slip her mind. She was 11 at that time, having a picnic at the beach with her mother and Mark. She was playing with the sea water when the wave hit her hard and sent her away from Mark who was keeping an eye on her. She gulped the salty water, causing her to avoid breathing properly. Thankfully, Mark saved her in the nick of time before she fully drowned. Meanwhile, when Mr. Francis pushed her into a swimming pool, she wasn't afraid because it was shallow and she managed to hold onto Harry.

   "Don't worry. We'll protect you," William says, making Emily think 'Why not?'. Thomas jumps into the pool first after taking off his shirt and plays splashing water with Elizabeth. She looks at herself - she is wearing a T-shirt and a pair of shorts, so maybe this outfit is suitable for swimming. She gets into the pool slowly with the help of William.

   "It's cold!" Emily squeals excitedly, kicking her legs underwater.

   "Amazing, right?" William smiles and moves away from Emily whose arms are still on the edge of the pool.

   "W-wait! Where are you going?" Emily calls frantically.

   "Just swim towards me by moving your arms and legs," William beckons to Emily to follow him.

   "No way! I might fall!" Emily says and looks at her legs that are still moving peacefully.

   "You're not going to fall, Em. Just use your arms to balance yourself," William laughs at Emily's panic face.

   Emily bites her bottom lip and slowly moves her limbs towards William who is watching her every move and encouraging her.

   "Yes, you can do it! Come forward, baby!" William says mockingly, earning a laugh from Elizabeth.

   "It's like teaching a baby to take its very first step!" Thomas jokes, laughing like a drain.

   "Shut up, Tom!" Emily glares at Thomas and struggles to swim properly.

   "Almost," William reaches out his hand and Emily grabs it gratefully. "See? It's not that hard," William smiles and swims with Emily who is still holding his hand.