The librarian (an idea)

"Yo, that guy gives me the creeps."
You whispered quietly to the stranger next to you, discreetly pointing at a man with your thumb.
He was arranging the shelf with books from the cart he came with.
He doesn't have a exceptionally unique appearance except his hands were a bit... large, compared with a A4 sized book.

The stranger gave you an odd look, wondering why did you think of that man that way and why were you talking to him specifically.

"Why? He seems normal to me."
He paused the music he was playing in his headphones.

"Buddy, you new here?"
You asked.
He shrugged.

"Fairly new I guess, I'm here since last month. Why, what's wrong with him?"
You lean in closer.

"Take a look at his hands."
Yeah his hands were large.

"What about it?"

"Look at his nails."
The stranger took another look.
His nails were cared for, but they look sharp.
And... red nail polish?
Not... very common to see it on males, but not something abnormal.

The stranger raised his eyebrow, he had the impression you were those judgemental types that cannot accept new norms.
"Yeah and? Are men not allowed to wear nailpolish-"

"Not that, I couldn't care less if men or women even drink them, I'm sayin is, look at the marks he is leavin on the books."
The stranger noticed the minute rips on the cover of some books.
That was... weird. The librarian was handling it carefully, yet he managed to damage it with his... sharp nails?

"That son of a bitch scratched me when I turned a book in late."
You quietly hissed.

"He... uh, what?"
You fell silent and pretend to read a book as the librarian passes by.
His steely, grey eyes lingered on the both of you for a while.

The librarian glanced at you with softer eyes while he glared at the stranger.
The stranger next to you now might somewhat share similar opinions with you.
Once he left, you placed your book down and continue conversing with the person next to you.

"Wait, so. Like, he... scratched you? Like a cat?"
You shook your head.

"I had to pay some fee or something, when he collected the money, his freakish nails scratched me! Yet they ain't even that long!"
You showed him small scratch marks on your fingers.

"Hmm, I guess I should steer clear away from his hands then."

"That guy has a thing for me, always touching my shoulders and arm. Givin me mini rips on my clothes in the process."
You lift up your arm to show him the small tears on your sleeve.

The stranger does not know what to do with the information.
"So uh, did he like, explicitly told you or..."

"He did, I rejected. Since then, he became all touchy-feely, ruining most of my clothes. By the way, what's your name? I'm (y/n)."

"Its Liz, but did you ever tell him why you rejected him?"
Liz put away his phone and headphones.

"Yeah, I mean, he told me he loved me out of the blue when I was trying to find a sweet spot in the library to sleep before my next class. Never spoke a word to me."
Liz furrowed his eyebrows.

"You weren't friends before?"
You shook your head.

"I never even seen him before he asked me out. Maybe I did interract with him a few times. I dunno, Im just here to slack off and sleep since its so quiet and cold here. That happened after a year I started using the library as a sleeping lounge."
You snorted.

"Were you... trying to sleep here?"
Liz asked you.

"Hell no, I avoided this place like
the bubonic plague after he ruined my last jacket. This time, I really needed to use the library for an assignment. I can't even bring myself to fall asleep anymore, have this fear of him clawing my eyes out."
You chuckled.

"Its a damn wonder, his fingernails aren't like talons on a bird, but they sure can do a mean slice."
You crossed your arms and leaned backwards on your chair.