1.0 drunk

»»» song: clean bandit & marina and the diamonds - disconnect

Chuck Bass once said: "If two people are meant to be together, eventually they'll find their way back."
Of course he was just a fictional character from Gossip Girl, referring to himself and Blair, but still. Wasn't he right?
Time usually showed how things would evolve. If friendships were meant to be or people meant to stay in your life. And sometimes, people had to fall apart to realize how much they needed to fall back together. Especially if those people had feelings for each other that went beyond every explanation and reasoning. Beyond words and terminology.
The real problem with this situations, though, wasn't really the distance. It was about how you dealt with distance. Because some people were able to cope with it better than others. And some worse.
But at the end, distance meant so little when a person meant so much.

»»»  

16th July

Los Angeles

'"It's beautiful here."
Her eyes lit up. The dark green of the park seemed to absorb her.
He smiled. The most beautiful thing there was her, he thought.
Looking over her shoulder, she poimted at the dark sky. Her curls seeming way longer than he remembered.

"Look the-," she laughed, cutting herself off. Almost slipping. He quickly caught her, his arms around her waist.
"Be careful, silly," he chuckled and slowly let go of her. She shyly smiled and gazed up at him. Apparently, it must have rained a few minutes ago. The small path shining from the rain. He wasn't sure why. He just knew it.
Looking back down at her, he saw her still staring at him. Eyes sparkling. Her face so.. familiar. This expression. He'd seen that expression on her face once before. But where? Where?
"Luke, kiss me."
His lips parted at her sudden request. He saw her closing her eyes, leaning in. Her lips only inches away from his now.
"A-are you sure ?"
"Of course," she giggled. So he also closed his eyes, suddenly seeing it all from another perspective. Wait. Was that even possible?
-No. No, it wasn't. Except-'

Luke's eyes shot open.

Blinking a few times into the warm sun light falling on them, he quickly covered his face with one hand.
Squeezing them shut, he inhaled deeply.
"A dream. A fucking dream," he groaned and grabbed his phone from the bed stand, unlocking it. Jetlag having messed with his body once more. It was 4.34 pm. 
Sighing, he tossed it somewhere in between the black sheets and sat up. Scratching te back of his neck. 

This was the third in one week.
Looking around in the room, he noticed the little patterns on the wall in front of him, created by the sun breaking threw the holes of the jalousie. He smiled.
Maybe this day didn't start off as terrible as he thought. After all, it was his twenty-second birthday today. That meant it had to be somewhat good, right?

There were many reasons why he was spending this day in the States and not back home. One of them being to simply relax. Vacation, you could say, considering it was also winter in Australia. Just unwinding a bit after all the months of touring and performing, in the warm Californian air. Swimming, surfing, having fun - before starting their promo tour next month.
However, for Luke it also meant one thing. Distraction, theoretically. In reality nothing could stop his mind from travelling back to the girl from his dream. 
He didn't talk about it with the others though. Talking about it wouldn't change a thing. He simply didn't feel like going through this. Not that they didn't notice his occasional mood swings with no obvious reason.
They simply chose to not mention it, wanting to give him some space. In some way, they understood him. So they tried to be indulgent and patient.