Change

Hazel's POV

My back aches, my head pounds, and oh my goodness I need to pee. My legs shake with how badly I have to go. I know I can't hold it for much longer.

I know Master's dad is home, but I think I can chance it and go to the bathroom. He was never on board with Master taking me away to that place, so he probably won't try to force me anywhere else.

I know Master is still at work, which is the only reason why I allow myself to stealthily venture down the hall.

I scamper into the bathroom the last couple of feet and quickly lock the door to assure privacy and safety.

The bathroom seems like the best place to lock myself. I can stretch out in here and I had plenty of water and access to a toilet, but it had no food and Master would get angry, it being the only bathroom in the house.

I've been surprised with the 180 switch with him. He's been more patient than I've ever seen and even when I bit him, he didn't hit me.

I've settled for staying in my cage in stead of the bathroom for these reasons, my cage the only safe place where I won't be taken away somewhere.

Master tells me everyday about how I'm not going anywhere, but as much as I want to believe it, I can't stop thinking about that place.

I have nightmares every night now about it and Master leaving me or taking me back there.

After I relieve myself, I wash my hands in the tub and drink from the faucet. I'd drink from the bowl Master sets out for me, but I'm too worried he drugged it, so he could take me away somewhere else.

Just as I start to crawl back down the hall, I hear the front door open.

I turn around and my eyes lock with Master's. We both look equally surprised. He takes a step towards me and I immediately scamper back to my cage.

I know he could catch me if he wanted to, but he doesn't. In fact, he comes in much later with a weird glass in his hand. It isn't until he is closer that I see it it a bottle, a baby bottle.

"Alright, Doll. I've got something new for you today," he says happily, coming to sit in front of my cage like he usually does. He reaches inside my cage, but instead of petting my leg like he has done the last couple of days, he reaches for my face.

When his hands gets close enough I lean forward ready to bite him.

I don't know why I don't bite him when my teeth go around his hand and I don't know why he just winces, not even pulling his hand away. When I don't bite him, my teeth barely against his skin, we get into the awkward moment where we just look at each other.

We both seem confused why I didn't bite him, and why he didn't pull away.

He hesitantly moves his hand away from my mouth as I remove my teeth from around his hand. Instead of taking his hand from my cage, he turns it sideways to rest it on my cheek.

His thumb brushes my face and he smile softly at me. He holds up the baby bottle in his hand, showing me the yellow looking liquid inside.

"I made you some chicken broth." He puts the bottle up to the cage side, so I can suck in it through the cage.

I hesitate, but the warm yummy smelling liquid calls to me. I've never dranken from a baby bottle and it feels weird, but I like that I don't have to leave my cage to eat.

Master's hand on my cheek doesn't leave at all. Even when I can't eat any liquid from the bottle being sideways and he has to put the bottle on the top of my cage, so I have crane my neck back to drink, he continues to caress.