4: Water Bender

Quirk: Hydrokinesis

 Since joining UA I had not been a very useful student. My quirk has the ability to control water and since my mother, from whom I inherited this quirk, passed away my father had constantly told me that my quirk was going to get me nowhere in my dream career as a hero. It didn't help that he had a quirk allowing him to grow vines from his skin, as my water only made his vines grow stronger, so sparring against him didn't help me in the slightest. On top of that I had not done well on the entry exam, and I was surprised I even got into this prestigious school. I was not helpful in the USJ incident as I was inconveniently placed in the dry zone where my quirk was next to useless and I was knocked out of the Sports Festival on the first round.

Incredibly I was still taken on by Backdraft's Hero Agency, although as we share the same quirk perhaps there was little surprise. Throughout my week with Backdraft, he told me of all the truly amazing power our quirk is capable of. As a result of being constantly put down by my father, I had never truly explored my quirks capabilities, that was until Backdraft practised with me day and night, helping me manipulate more and more amounts of water, teaching me how to control and hover water high in the air to figure out how far my quirk could travel, and finally he was teaching me to walk on water. The week finished way too quickly, and I had enjoyed every second of it, my eyes now wide open to the strength and power my quirk held, despite it perhaps not being so effective on my father.

When I bade farewell to Backdraft, he assured me we would one day meet again. He told me that he expected to see me as a fully qualified hero when that day came. Since then, the incident at the summer camp had occurred, and thanks to my quirk I was able to put out the forest fire within minutes. I had also managed to help Tetsutetsu and Kendo successfully trap the gas villain in a ball of water, preventing his gas tanks from leaking. It took plenty of concentration as I had to hold him in his watery prison until the police officers came. From that day on I had felt much more confident in myself, and I hadn't realised it, but I had managed to attract the attention of a certain white and red haired boy.

Slowly creeping out of the dorms with my UA swimming suit underneath my tracksuit and towel in hand, I walked in the darkness from the new UA dormitories towards the school. Using my keycard, I scanned open one of the back doors, and crept along the silent halls, up the stairs towards the rooftop swimming pool which was closed by a glass roof at night. I had been coming here every other night to train, and Principle Nezu was aware of this as he could see when a keycard was being used, but despite me breaking the rules he didn't stop me. Halfway up the last flight of stairs I stopped, my ears alert as I could've sworn I had heard the gentle noise of a door closing. I peered into the darkness but didn't see any sign of movement, nor did I hear any footsteps, so I continued up the stairs towards the pool.

Once there, I opened the doors, the familiar smell of chlorine hitting my nose. The pool was large and deep, perfect for me to practice in, and to the right there was a door leading to the changing booths. There were also many chairs lining the wall, for those that wished to come and watch. I placed my towel down and stripped, putting my tracksuit underneath it. I approached the edge of the pool, feeling the filtered water slowly splash up against my foot.

Starting with a few simple exercises, I breathed in deeply and elegantly rose my hands into the air, some of the water being pulled from the pool and rising up in spirals, mirroring my actions. I rose these spirals higher and higher before imagining a dolphin in my mind, the spirals turning into the shape of one and playfully diving back into the rest of the pool. After a few more repeats, I decided to take it a step further. Concentrating hard, I created various different sized balls, the flow of each starting steady and building up speed. I created more balls, and in front of me it looked like I had created a watery solar system. I released them and they each fell into the pool with a loud splash, but before droplets of water landed all around the pools side, I had managed to catch them in the air, and slowly reverse them back into the water.