Memories

Don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
Cause I'd miss you babe
And I don't want to miss a thing
Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you babe
And I don't want to miss a thing

I have been singing on the top of my lungs now for two straight hours and even when the lyrics were unknown to me I would flip out my I-phone and search them. But after one hour honestly my throat was killing me and in desperate need of libations.

"Okay! Okay, I'm sorry. You sing beautifully Lex, I was wrong, so very, very , very wrong." Yes, finally he cracked!

"Well took you long enough. My throat was killing me over here. Do you know how hard it is to sing for an hour straight."

"Do you know how hard it was to l..." immediately I swung my head facing him using my best death glare and he stopped mid sentence and took one hard gulp. "...to listen to the stereo, I would much have preferred to hear your voice and your voice alone."

"Well if you like it so much, we can do that." I moved to turn off the stereo and open my mouth as though I was about to start singing.

"No! Please...save your voice I'd hate for you to cause any damage to your vocal cords due to overuse." I stifled back the giggle that threatened to escape and maintained a stern expression on my face.

"Good point, Natey-poo always looking out for me." I heard him mumbling something but I chose to ignore it, my mission was accomplished. I'm no fool, he was right I was an awful singer but that never stopped me before and there was no way his comments were going to go unpunished.

"The girls are asleep, I'm going to try and get some rest too. Here, I made a play list specifically for you, all of your favourites."

" Aww... Thanks Lexi-poo..." he teased knowing well that I hated when he called me that just as much he hated when I called him 'Natey-poo'.

"Point taken. Wake me if you stop."

*

Why is it so dark, am I dreaming? It didn't feel as a dream instead it was more as though I was staring at the back of my eyelids; slightly conscious but in total darkness. There was lots of movement around me, firstly what I could only imagine to be a large chainsaw cutting through metal, muffled shouting from different people, sirens could be heard in the distant, I must be awake but why can't I open my eyes this was slowly becoming very frustrating.

"Over here, quick! I found two of them, alive. One is unconscious but alive." Did he mean me? Doing my hardest I tried to take in more of my surroundings, I was sitting down that much I'm sure and something was clasped in my hands tightly. It was another hand, someone was holding my hands as though it was their lifeline, but who?

"Stop. Help her." a soft voice insisted clearly female and somehow familiar.

"We will but your conscious we need to keep you that way." the male voice from earlier responded.

"No, help her. I'm not going to make it anyways, I can feel it. So I need you to look after her and my girls. They're in row 20." Her words were clear and steady but one could hear the pain as she spoke.

"Maam..."

"Will you be quiet and do what I ask. I need her to survive its important,my girls will need her. So do you fucking job and save her life." If I wasn't aware that they were discussing my fate and also for the fact I had no clue of what's going on, this would have been a laughable situation.

"Very well Ma'am." the guy finally stopped protesting,then shifted his attention towards me and began to check my pulse. My focus shifted quickly back to the other hand that I held when the grip tightened slightly. This is what intrigued me most it wasn't just that this hand warm to the touch, or that it held on with a relentless grip, but that I was holding back the hand with just as much intent of not letting go. I didn't understand why but yet i felt comforted.