VI

A/N: impatient to update :p I have not reread this so excuse any errors
_____________________________

A/N: impatient to update :p I have not reread this so excuse any errors _____________________________

August 2011, Busan.

"Do you think I'll get selected?"

Jeongguk and Hana sit on the swing set in the park near their houses. It was the day of BigHit auditions and the 15 year old raven haired boy was super nervous. He kept practicing his song, any chance he would get. He had spent hours trying to pick out a nice outfit so that he would make the best impression on whoever was going to decide if he was worth their time.

"Guk." Hana sighs. While Jeongguk sits on the swing normally — legs in front of him with his face looking forward at the big tree in the distance — Hana is straddling the wooden plank of her swing, legs on either side of the seat touching the ground with her back leaning against the chain of the swing. She can't stop looking at her best friend to make sure she keeps track of every thought that crosses his mind. It's a good thing that Jeongguk can't hide what he feels, his thoughts clear on his face. Or maybe Hana is just too good at reading him.

"I've seen you sing and dance and there's no way they'll pass up on you. I believe in you. You just need to be yourself and not put any extra pressure," Hana's words are true. She means them and believes in them so much that if someone asked her to bet her life on this, she would do it in a heartbeat. She knows her best friend is more talented than your average 15 year old.

"I'm still so nervous, what if my voice cracks? Or they just think I'm too young?" The scraping of Jeongguk's shoes against the sand is the background noise of their conversation. They're outside in the wee hours of the morning, the boy couldn't sleep and Hana wasn't letting him be alone with his thoughts.

Hana leans forward now, her hand coming to wrap around the chain in front of her as she rests her head on it.

"I know it deep down in my heart that you'll make it Jeongguk. And not just for this audition, you'll be so successful that you're gonna look back at this moment and think, 'wow I can't believe I was worrying Hana and myself for nothing'" she makes her voice a little deeper to copy his voice and his way of talking to make him laugh. It works because a small giggle leaves his lips and he looks at her with a twinkle in his eyes.

"You're gonna be there right?" He asks in a small voice, hopeful as if the answer isn't obvious.

"Of course I will be," Hana scoffs. "What kind of best friends would I be if I would be anywhere else? I'll be there with you through every step of the way, I'm not leaving you alone."

"Good," Jeongguk mumbles, nimble fingers playing with the sleeve of his shirt. "I'm going to need you there or else I'll just—I'll be too nervous to even speak let alone sing. And I'll be overthinking everything. You need to be there, I can't do this without you."