Chapter Fifteen - Present

Present

Tyler

I injected the liquid into the Tiramisu, and instead of throwing the used syringe into the dustbin, I put it into my jacket pocket. I made sure never to leave any evidence behind.

It would take about an hour until the laxative would take effect, and then Good-Boy Noah would spend the rest of his night on a commode wishing he'd died instead. It was harmless. I mean there was nothing wrong if I wanted Good-Boy Noah to empty his bowels right? It was good for his health.

I laughed to myself.

And then stopped.

Mom wouldn't want me to do that. She said people did not poison other people that they hated, it just wasn't right. They also did not hit or kill other people just for the heck of it.

But Noah had stepped out of line. He'd insulted me and my family. If he thought I was a madman, well he needed to see what a madman could do firsthand.

I closed my eyes and waited for the pain in my head to recede.

I'm not mad

I'm not mad.

I'm not mad.

The pounding in my head continued and I was close to having a panic attack, so close to slaughtering someone. When I told Vicky that I'd changed, I'd lied. I never lie to Vicky, but if I told her the truth, would she accept me?

It took me a minute to compose myself before I walked out of the kitchen with three cups of the dessert. Noah's eyes followed me as I brought the dessert to the table and placed it in front of them. "Sorry it took me long," I said and settled down opposite the mother and son.

Mrs. McCloy took the dessert bowl into her hand and scooped it into the spoon. She was just putting it in her mouth when Noah slapped her hand. The spoon went flying on the floor.

"You can't eat that, Mom!" Noah exploded as he pointed an accusing finger at me. "You poisoned the dessert! Didn't you?"

I maintained a poker face. My first instinct was to smile, but that would plainly give me away. So I just stared.

"Noah, that's an awful thing to say." His mother pointed out. Her gaze flicked to me in silent apology and back to her son. "Apologize to Tyler."

"I'm not lying. I know he put something in that Tiramisu. I'm positive!"

I sat silently watching the exchange and eating my dessert.

"This is delicious." I complimented her as if her son hadn't just implied that I'd poisoned this very dessert.

"Apologize right now, Noah." She pressed him.

"I'd kill myself before I apologize to him," Noah said and pushed his mother's and his own dessert bowl towards me. "Eat this. Let's see who is actually lying."

Noah gave a challenging look. He wasn't as stupid as he led people on, and I already knew that.

I picked up the two bowls, ate some out of one and then from the other.

"Finish it." He commanded.

I sighed and Mrs. McCloy shook her head as if she was shamed for her son's rude behavior. "This is ridiculous."

I did just as he'd told me. I finished up both their desserts, including mine so there was no more room for doubt.

Noah stared at me, waiting. I grasped my neck in horror and coughed loudly before I stumbled and fell off the chair onto the floor. I was having body seizures and I could hear Noah's mother yelling or screaming for the housemaids.