8: The Attack Part Two

Warning! This is part two of two!

Quirk: Bunny

 Shoto had told me of Kirishima's plan and despite him being skeptical about me joining them on their trip to save Bakugou I was discharged earlier in the day. I was determined to help out as I felt so useless at the Summer Camp and I wanted to redeem myself. Together we waited outside the hospital for the others and soon Kirishima, Midoriya and Momo joined us.

"Hold on," The voice came from someone we least expected, and we turned to see Iida approaching us, anger written on his face.

"Why are you here?" Midoriya asked shyly. It was obvious Iida was angry at us, particularly Shoto and Midoriya especially after what happened with the Hero Killer.

"UA is already in a bad position as it is! Anything we do will reflect on that, don't you understand?" He shouted.

"Iida! We have to! I know you don't like us breaking rules but-," Midoriya started but was unable to finish due to something that shocked us all. Iida had lifted up his fist and landed a punch straight on the side of Midoriya's face, knocking him backwards to the ground. I gasped audibly, my eyes widening and my hand brought to my mouth.

"I'm frustrated too! And concerned, obviously!" Iida raged dramatically - none of us had ever seen him in such a state.

"Iida, you got it wrong," Shoto suddenly said. "We don't expect to face them head on and win. We'll get him back without fighting."

"Yeah, we'll be stealthy... I'm talking covert ops here. We can rescue him without breaking the rules," Kirishima said.

"We'll stand and help, we'll do what we can to rescue Bakugou, but only rescue. Not to fight," I nodded. Kirishima, Midoriya, Momo, Shoto and I were all determined to go as we faced Iida head on, seriousness etched on all of our faces. We were all silent for a moment, waiting for Iida to say something, and he definitely said the unexpected.

"I'm going to come with you."

"Iida... are you sure?" I asked skeptically.

"Let's make one thing clear. I'm coming because I don't condone your behaviour. If there's even a hint that physical combat might break out, I'll make you retreat immediately. I'm your watchman!" He stated.

"Exactly what we needed," Shoto mumbled. We headed straight for the train station and boarded a train bound for Camino Ward, us following the tracker Momo had created. She set out our coordinates, and informed us that we would be travelling for two hours before our destination would be reached.

"A lot longer then I anticipated," I admitted. "We'll be there at ten, right?" I asked, checking my watch.

"Right," Momo nodded.

I slowly picked at the food Shoto had bought for me, nervousness filling my body, which Shoto seemed to sense. He gently placed a hand on my thigh making me jump slightly and turn to him. He nodded, showing a little smile which I replied with meekly.

"Just to make sure... you know we're going against everyone's wishes and being completely selfish by doing this. We can call this off if we want to... if you want to, (y/n). I don't want to drag you into anything too dangerous-,"

"No, Shoto, I'll be okay. I want to help as much as I can, Bakugou's our friend, right? Even if he is a little bit... loud... and opinionated. Whilst I'm still able to move, I'm still able to help," I said, regaining a little confidence. He leaned over and gently kissed me on my temple and I smiled, snuggling against him.