Chapter 45

Sagar says to an enraged Shivaay-

Sa:  Have you lost it?Do you have any idea what are you saying?What do you know about me and Anika?Just leave me.

S:  I know what I am saying.You don't have to tell me that.

Sa:  May I know why are you here and how are you related to Anika?

S:  I will tell you exactly how and why I am related to Anika.Before that you tell me,do you know where is Anika?In what condition and what is she doing now?

Sagar goes silent.He falls back on the sofa then covers his face with both of his hands.Breaking the silence he says-

Sa:  Last I saw Anika in Mumbai.After that...........

S:  After that you pushed her away from your heart and life then got busy as usual,no?

Sa:  Trust me I tried.I tried a lot to contact with Anika but seemed like she just went vanished.You know na where is Anika?Take me to her plz.I have to ask for her forgiveness.What I did to her...........

S:  What's the use now?Rejecting Anika and her love you moved on happily.Got married and started a new life all together.You don't deserve her forgiveness.

Sa:  One second.Who told you I got married?

S:  Don't try to act innocent.Your father fixed your marriage with another girl.Anika came to meet you leaving her own marriage.But you...........Coward!

Sa:  That's true.Dad did fix my alliance but I was not ready to get married at all.All the time I was thinking about Anika and our love.

S:  Love?You call it love?If you truly loved Anika then you would have taken a stand for her.When your father was forcing you,could have convinced him.In front of whole society your father insulted her and what you did?Stood like a statue and witnessed everything.Shame on you.

Sa:  I was.....

S:  You know what happened because of your spineless attitude?Her marriage got called off,her father refused to have any relation with her.And worst part was,Anika lost her memory in an accident.Only because of you Sagar.

Sa:  What?So much.....

S:  Yeah right.So much happened.Anika has lost her memory and there is no surety when she would recover.Here after destroying her life,snatching away her all happiness,you are leading a happy married life.Do you have a heart or not Sagar?

Sa:  It's true I was all set to get married.But when I saw Anika at the wedding venue my defense got weakened and I called off my forced marriage.Right after Anika left,I too followed her leaving the wedding altar but....could not find her...Shivaay says in disgust-

S:  Don't tell lies.Don't make yourself stoop that much low.

Sa:  I am not telling lies.Dad threatened me that he would commit suicide if I would not get married.You tell me Shivaay,what would you have done if you were in my place?I was torn in between my love and the words of my Dad.I was helpless Shivaay,I was helpless..........Sagar starts crying.

Shivaay too gets shocked as Pinky's face comes to his mind.Silence takes over the cabin.Suddenly Sagar stands up-

Sa:  I have to meet Anika.Till now I am living under so much guilt that I could not save our relation,could not respect our love.When Anika needed me most,I could not be with her.How Anika must have suffered because of me,in my absence!
I have to atone for my sins.I am her culprit.Plz take me to her.I beg of you......Sagar joins his hand in front of Shivaay.He says-

S:  I can see you are under immense guilt.That is going to increase by many-fold when I will break another news to you....Taking a pause-

Anika.....Anika is pregnant....with your child!