Chapter 27

A/N: Bold Sentences with " are flashbacks

3:04 PM, School hallways, After School

Arlo POV

The school is in such chaos right now. Everyone is doing their own thing without some sort of order. No one will ever listen to my orders again, especially now that i've been dethroned down to Jack. The thing is, no one knows who the King is. So the students now are much more cautious than ever.

I was just spacing out in the middle of the hallway while suddenly I heard Elaine calling me

"Elaine? What is it?"

"Arlo... Have you heard? They say that Zeke decided to go after Seraphina again despite what you told him the other day" Said Elaine

"*sigh* Seraphina doesn't want my help anyway"

"But still... Seraphina doesn't deserve this. And what if John decides to go on a rampage again?"

"It doesn't matter. If I can't control John, then I can't control the whole school. Even if I try"

"But..."

"Don't act so righteous! You're only here because Seraphina is involved! If this had been anyone else, you wouldn't have given a shit!" (Referring to what Illena said in Ep 129)

"Say Elaine... If this kind of thing happened to any low-tier other than Seraphina... Would you have cared?" I asked

"Uhm... I'm not too sure about that, but if that person happened to be my friend than I would"

Right... But since we don't really associate ourselves with the low-tiers, Should I take that as a no? Does that mean that we wouldn't have cared? Did I save Seraphina back then because I actually cared for her? Or was it because of John?

Why did I even betray John like that in the first place? Was it because of the curiosity? Or was it because he didn't fit in with the hierarchy? I shouldn't have done him like that. He never did anything wrong to me, yet I betrayed him

"Your score is with me! You had no reason to beat her to this extent! What the HELL did she ever do to you?" (ref. to Ep 155)

Now that I think about it, I was being a hypocrite that day. John never did anything wrong either, but for some reason I...

"Arlo? What's wrong"

I suddenly snapped back to reality

"Its nothing..."

3:16 PM, Wellston Yard

Sera POV

Me and John were just heading back to the dorms after school's over

"Hey John..."

"What is it?"

"I've been thinking about this a lot... You said that the high-tiers were useless. Did you also think that way when I was a high-tier?" I asked

"..... Well, to be honest, yes. Especially when I saw you the first time when you ignored my help when I was getting bullied. But, it wasn't until I realised that you were just blinded... Blinded by everyone's opinions. And I get that. I used to hate it so much when people couldn't stop talking about me. So I decided to help you get your OWN happiness. Not everyone else's. That's also one of the reasons why I don't want anything to do with royals"

"Hmm... Well I guess it doesn't matter anyway since I'm not a high-tier anymore"

"Hey cmon! Cheer up! You know what? Let's go to Doc! Maybe he has some good news for us to hear?"

"Yeah that's a good idea"

*Chapter 27 End*

Just trying to develop the characters a bit this chapter:)