Shawn Mendes x Reader

You sat in the passenger seat of Shawn's car and you were basically shaking with anticipation. His right hand was pressed firmly on your thigh whilst his left hand was gripped firmly on the steering wheel. You were shaking your leg and wringing your hands. A million things were running through your head. You looked down at your shirt, which was literally a purple sweater, and wondered if it was too revealing. Was it too tight? Was it too see through? Oh God, you should've worn a cami...

"Babe, are you okay?" Shawn looks over at you, squeezing your thigh slightly.

"Is my sweater to tight?" You look at him with sincere panic in your eyes. He looks at your reaction and laughs a little.

"That sweater? Too tight? Y/n, you are wearing a sweater and jeans?" He chuckles, "And I am wearing the same thing." He adds.

"I didn't realize you were wearing a size small lavender sweater and size eight jeggings." You shoot back at him with a side smirk. He looks over at you for a second, smiling but quickly looks back so he can focus on the road, his hand leaving your thigh. You were nervous to say the least. You were meeting your boyfriend's parents. And your boyfriend just so happened to be the Shawn Mendes. The famous singer Shawn Mendes. The award winning Shawn Mendes. But first and foremost, your boyfriend Shawn Mendes. It is nerve wracking enough that you are meeting your boyfriend's parents, but it doesn't help that he is famous. What if they thought you were a gold digger? What if they thought you weren't good enough for him? What if...

"Y/n, you gotta chill." Shawn sighed, not even having to look at you to see that you were worried out of your mind.

"Shawn, I am meeting your parents. I am meeting the people that birthed you." you clarified to him, which earned a laugh.

"I know, but they will love you just as much as I do, I promise." He leans over quickly and pecks your cheek before her pulls into the driveway of his house. You have been here countless times, but his parents were never home, or you just saw them in passing for the past three months. Tonight was actually meeting them and talking to them and them actually knowing you and the fact that they would know you is absolutely terrifying. "You're meeting my sister too." Shawn added two seconds before he hopped out of the care and you couldn't breathe. Sure, the parents were one thing, but his little sister? Really?

"Shawn!" I squeaked out as he opened the car door to let me out. I looked at him with a death glare as I swung my legs over and hopped out of the car. You looked up at him with folded arms and angry eyes, and all he did was give you his winning smile.

"Come on y/n, it's just my family! They are like me! I'm not that scary, right?" He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and kissed you on the cheek.

"Questionable..." You muttered, crossing your arms, but Shawn heard you and took a hand and pressed it to his heart.

"Now that hurt." He joked and you judged him in the ribs. Shawn may not be scary, but that doesn't mean that his family isn't scary. The one time you saw his mother you swear she glared at you. Probably because you didn't say hello or introduce yourself, you just stood there with a cartoon of cookie dough ice cream in your hands and in her son's t-shirt. It wasn't a good first impression. It was three nights ago.That's why this dinner was planned. To make his mother not hate me for those thirty seconds. Shawn held on tight to you as you both made your way over to his front door. Those three steps leading up to his front door was absolutely agonizing. You had no idea what in the world what was going to happen when Shawn let go of you and twisted the golden brass doorknob.

"Hey mom! Hey dad! Hey Aaliyah!" Shawn hollered through the house. You took only one step in and instantly went into sensory overload. You started to observe. Shawn's sister was sitting on the couch writing in a notebook, I assumed she was doing homework. She didn't even look up when you two walked in. Shawn's dad, whose name was Manny if you remembered correctly, was sitting in a chair on a laptop typing away, which you assumed was for work or something. He looked up and smiled.