Chapter 50: Zebra part 2

A while later

"This ought to be enough." Toriko mused at the different creatures he had nabbed on the long walk. Sarafina eyed the seemingly never-ending length. "Well, Zebra! What do you think?!" "Toriko...must you speak so loud?" Sarafina sighed out. Ever since the gate, he has been talking loudly to the air. Just how good was Zebra's hearing? The woman figured out that his ability must be hearing. Since Toriko has smell, Coco with sight etc.

If those four were going with the five senses, only sound and another one remained, which was taste. Since a certain someone was talking at high volume it became obvious what it was. "Um, Toriko? Why are you talking to yourself at top volume?" Komatsu echoed her thoughts in a question.

Toriko turned to look at him and grinned. "Hm? Oh him? He's my partner. Chef Komatsu!" The hunter explained. "Toriko, it would be appreciated if you tell us what exactly who it is you're talking?" Sarafina sighed out. Granted she knew who but she felt she should ask for Komatsu. "Her? She's a fellow hunter and friend I'm helping out. Her name is Sarafina! Huh?! No, their not snacks! You seriously want to eat them?!" Ok, now Sarafina was officially concerned of potentially meeting him. The rate that goof of a hunter was going, it was like he was speaking to the other side.

Sarafina glanced at the chef and sighed slightly. Judging from his expression Komatsu was thinking along those lines. "Kururu, get inside my bag. I don't think it's safe for you to be out in the open." She told her kitten who was resting on top of her head. Kururu nodded and hopped down till in dove into her bag. The atmosphere didn't help either since it got colder as they neared the prison. "Oh! I can see it now, you guys!" Toriko announced. About time! Her feet were starting to hurt from the long walk. "Huh?! So you can see ghosts?!" Komatsu blurted out. "Nah. He wouldn't have anything like that. Entirely useless for hunting." Sarafina explained to the chef. "Ghosts?" Toriko echoed then got a grin. "There are probably ghosts around. We're at Honey Prison, the Gourmet Prison!"

The others looked to where the hunter was looking to find the long road finally ended at a VERY steep cliff. Though to her, it looked like a very thin walkway and the height was attached to the end of the skinny part of the walkway was something that looked like a huge beehive that dangled over empty air. "I can see why they named it Honey Prison. It resembles that of a giant hive." Sarafina commented. Wonder what the inside felt like. "That thing that looks like a beehive! That's the Gourmet Prison?!" The chef exclaimed in surprise then smiled nervously. "It's so not what I imagined. It's kinda on the cute side. Even the name Honey Prison is cutesy." Sarafina couldn't help but ruffle his hair. Poor guy. So naive.

"If only it was a kind of fairy tale place." Toriko said as he walked ahead. After walking for a while longer their arrival was announced with someone shouting, "Toriko's here!" A second later a man came out to greet them. He mostly resembled a vampire with slight Frankenstein features such as stitches and bolt piercings. He has one iris in his right eye and three in his left and his nails are long and black. His attire consists of a formal business suit which includes a white shirt, purple tie, black pants and black shoes which are accommodated by his large pink-polka dotted coat adorned with yellow cuffs and shoulder frills. Miniscule fangs protrude from his bottom lip and two black spikes of hair that resemble horns protrude from the top of his skull.

The man placed a hand over his chest and bowed at the group. We've been waiting for you, Mr. Toriko, Mr. Komatsu and Miss Sarafina. The president informed us of your visit." The large man greeted them in a gravelly voice.

Komastu wasn't at all hiding his impression of the guy. No doubt he thought he was scary and his thoughts of this place being cute was shattered. "What gives? If the old man clued you in, you could've come to meet us sooner." Toriko started when the other man turned and started to head back toward the guards the woman just noticed. "Mr. Toriko. Do you know about the seasons in this region? The season is about to turn. It is too dangerous to be outside. Come. The warden is waiting for you."