drugin' | twenty nine.

July 4, 2019

Shantey shuts the bedroom door of Tavon's master suite

Shantey shuts the bedroom door of Tavon's master suite. Every since he asked the big question to Shantey, she never answered him. She made sure Romeo and his son Kendrick were laying in bed sleep before continuing the conversation. She leans on the door as Tavon sits on the bed, awaiting her response.

"Yes. . ." she finally replies, causing him to look away from her. "I slept with him and... I don't feel bad about it. I only feel bad for hurting you."

"You don't feel bad?" he cracks laughter standing from the mattress. "I knew you was an emotional detached person Shantey, but damn. Why start this relationship to begin wit huh?" He asked looking at her attentively. "Cause I'm the closet dick you could hop on?"

"Yeah," she admits honestly. He wants the truth, so she's giving it. "Our love... we're best friends Tae. That's our connection. We only start having sex because we were young. What we always had was platonic. If it wasn't for me getting pregnant with Romeo our first time, we would've strictly been that; best friends. We weren't even together while or after I had Ro. When we did actually try sumthin, you fucked that up."

"Oh, so this what this is, you punishin' me for havin' Kendrick?" His eyes furrowed.

"While you were with me," she added. "And no, this isn't a punishment. Maybe I still have a little anger in me due to you having a baby on me. I was betrayed but we snapped back into best friend mode like we always did. I just love him on a different level and I can't keep hiding that rather I end up with him or not. I've strung you along long enough. You deserve someone to love you just as much–"

"As I love you?" Tavon finished her sentence.

Shantey swallows the lump in her throat and nodded. "Yes. You deserve that much. I took my share outta the restaurant so you can have that to yourself. I understand that our relationship will most likely shift from what we're used to. I know you're angry and surely won't want to see my face so I can always have Anissa or somebody pick up Romeo–"

"We not finna do that," he cut her off. "Just cause you fucked up don't mean I'm finna let my son feel what's goin' on. You can still pick him up. I just don't want you walking passed the entryway if it's not his room. We don't need to speak if it ain't got shit to do wit Romeo."

Shantey nodded her head. "Understood. I'm sorry." she left his room quickly after.

. . .

. . .

"Shantey. Miss Washington?"

She snaps out of the memory between she and Tavon from a few weeks ago. Shantey locks eyes with the olive skin Asian woman wearing a white coat. She sits in the room with cabinets, medical supplies, a computer, and a bed. She wears a white bandage scoop neck crop top with Fendi logo shorts and Fendi studded logo leather slides. She has her hair pulled back into a ponytail with a baseball cap covering her head.