Chapter 31

Cara's P.O.V.

My heart was racing non-stop during the entire six-hour flight to Burbank. I never liked flying on airplanes. It was a germ-infested containment area that had recycled air. It was one of the reasons why I couldn't travel. After finding this out, Zara Wexler, the producer that I was meeting was kind enough to lend her private plane for me.

She couldn't meet me in New York because she was finalizing something for a show she was creating. I tried my best to find as much information about her as I can but there were only a few things. She was Chinese-Jewish American. All the films she has done were women-focused. The majority was LGBTQ+.

I was taking this trip as an opportunity to get back into my work. I've been too focused on my family and Hannah that I felt like I placed my work to the side and forgot it. It was a good time for me to start. Hannah was going to be busy with fashion week and although I would normally enjoy being at my apartment alone, Luna's words have really affected me.  I didn't want to be seen as a lost puppy without Hannah. I did have my own life and Hannah has her's. We didn't have to do every single thing together.

That's what I kept telling myself, but I missed her. I was worry about her. What if there were creeps? What if there was some super cool lesbian who stole her heart? I hated how insecure I was. I hated any kind of attention, but maybe that is what I needed growing up. Maybe I could have learned to be more self-assured.

I turned my attention to Jane who was busy.... taking selfies on the leather sofa. "Jane."

Jane stopped mid-way from finishing a shot and turned toward me. "Yes?"

"Having fun?"

"Of course. I don't have to pay for wi-fi and I'm on a private jet. I am living." Jane placed her cellphone down on the table in front of her and looked at me. "What's going on Cara? Are you having second thoughts?"

"Yeah. I think I should have stayed in New York. I could have supported Hannah at her shows," I answered. "Especially with what happened between us. Doesn't this seem like I am running away?"

"No, because you're both going to be busy. You two won't even have as much time as you would like either," Jane explained. "It's not the most ideal time, but maybe it's needed. This is your first time away from Hannah. Take this as an experience."

"I'm just worried about Hannah," I said.

"Look, Cara, Hannah is a grown woman. She's probably done hundreds of shows before. She will be fine," Jane assured me.

Jane was right. I knew Hannah could take care of herself. It's just... maybe it was jealousy. I was worried about someone stealing Hannah's heart. I like to believe that I am a  good partner, but I lacked so many things. I couldn't help but think that in some ways I was holding her back.

"You're second-guessing yourself again aren't you?" Jane asked.  She moved over to the seat across from me.

"I can't help it," I said with a sigh. "What if someone better comes along?"

"Cara, you are that someone better," Jane stated. "You are a million times better than that trash of a woman she dated previously."

"That's what I thought, but... "

"No more, buts! You are better. Stop second-guessing yourself, Cara. "

"Hello, this is your Captain speaking. We will prepare to land in a few minutes, so please buckle up."

"I don't know about you but I am starting to love this producer," Jane mentioned as she buckled her seatbelt.

I narrow my eyes at Jane. She cannot be so easily bought.