50

FAY

They said he had left Sparks earlier than normal, so right now, I was approaching his office study back at the house. Damien was right, I couldn't just jump into conclusions thinking our relationship was so over. I had to go apologize to him myself, then I'd hear it from him.

And honestly, I didn't want us to be over, this was all my fault.

I made a really terrible mistake, I trusted Lucas blindly and in the process, I continuously hurt Elroy's feelings. The Elroy I knew wouldn't forgive me easily. Or even at all.

But I still had to try.

I considered just entering without knocking, but the idea didn't shine so bright in my head right now, so I knocked.

At first there was no reply, so I braced myself and knocked again, this time, more louder.

"Come in." His voice sounded from the other side of the room making my heart jump in what? Fear? Nervousness? Anxiety? Or all of the above?

Before placing my suddenly sweaty palm on the door knob, I inhaled and exhaled, trying to steady my unsteady heart.

I can do this, I just need to tell him how sorry I am... I just need to explain everything to him... Try to make him understand.

I swallowed hard then proceeded to push the door open, slowly. Immediately, I was hit with his lovely cologne as I continued to push the door open. The study had his cologne, painted at every corner, reminding me that I wasn't just going to see anyone, but Elroy Chesterfield, someone who may or may not break my heart in a few minutes from now.

He was standing in front of his tall shelf, picking up a red hard covered book. Immediately I stepped into the study, he raised and turned his head to my direction, without much of an expression on his face.

No look of surprise or shook or anger, even hurt. He just looked expressionless.

The bruises on his face were still present and I suddenly felt so stupid for leaving with Lucas. God, how could I have been so blind?

"So, you knock now?" He asked, his attention leaving my face, back to the book he was holding.

I gulped down, shutting the door behind me. "I didn't want to just barge in." My voice came out quiet and shaky sort of, but my eyes were still on him.

"You never thought of that fact the whole time you decided to stop knocking?" He asked, moving to his table.

He dropped the book on top of it and leaned on the table, arms folded across his chest as he watched me carefully. "What do you want?" He asked. "Are you here to say your goodbyes, is there a truck outside waiting to move your stuff back to your penthouse? Do you need help packing up your boxes?"

I furrowed my brows in confusion and shock as the feeling of fear decided to sink in. "You want me to leave your house?" I asked.

"No," His eyes dropped from mine, as he decided to admire his shoes. "...but I guess that's what you want. Since you hate me now, I just assumed you were done with me." He said.

My heart skipped a beat. "Why are you saying this El? I don't want to move out and I'm so not done with you. Why would you think that?"