our boyfriend.

DÉVANTE SWING

3rd Person

  what's done in darkness will come light.

'Andre's ass always complaining. Do this! Get that done! Sound like my damn mother' K-Ci complained to his groupmates. They just left another meeting with their record producer, Andre Harrell. Who stated that a single needs to be written & released in two weeks, or they'll be dropped from the label. Which they all doubt will happen. 'Nigga bitch'n bout nothing. His ugly ass knows that if he drops us, the whole label with all suffer' Dalvin joined & Cedric agreed. DéVante & Joel just walked along, and listened to their brothers complain.

When they walked into their studio, they were greeted by Mya, Donald's longtime girlfriend, and a tall brown skinned girl who they have never seen before. Cedric & Dalvin quickly got aquatinted with her, while Joel got comfortable and started to sleep. Mya walked over to her boyfriend, and pecked his lips a couple of times before hugging him. 'Hey baby. I've missed you' She softly said and smiled. 'Missed you too baby. How was the tour in Houston?' He genuinely asked.

'It was different, in a good way. I loved Houston's energy. Plus, I've reconnected with my childhood best friend. Hey Vina!' Mya spoke and called over her friend, saving her from Dalvin & Cedric.. She smoothly walked over and stood next to her friend. 'Dé, this is Davina. Davina, this is DéVante Swing' Mya introduced and they shook hands. 'She's a singer and songwriter too, babe' Mya boasted, while Davina blushed.

'Really? Let me hear you sing something. If that's alright with you.' He asked and she nodded her head. She sung their hit single, Cry For You, giving the song a soulful touch to it. When she finished, they all clapped and cheered her on. 'You go girl!' Cedric's dramatic ass shouted, causing her to giggle. 'I see that you're a fan.' Dé said and she nodded. 'Who wouldn't be? Y'all sound is so different & Houston loves y'all down there' Davina told him. Which was true, Houston couldn't get enough of Jodeci, especially Cedric's fine ass.

'That's tight, yo.' He smiled. 'Oooh baby! Tell her about the song you've been having trouble with! Davina is one of the bests at helping someone with writers block' Mya exclaimed. He nodded and grabbed his notepad & showed her some lyrics. The unfinished track was titled Feenin', and all he had down far was his intro. 'Let me hear the beat' Davina asked and he played it. When she heard it, she immediately jotted down some lyrics, and then handed him the notepad.

He read it and signaled Cedric over by snapping his fingers. 'I ain't no damned dog. Don't confuse me with Dalvin' He joked and Dalvin yelled out 'Fuck You', making Davina laugh. 'Glad I could make you laugh, sugar' Cedric flirted and Donald rolled his eyes. 'Nigga quit flirting & sing' Donald said shoving the notepad in his hands, and started the track over.

Take my money
My house and my cars
For one hit of you
You can have it all, baby baby

Cedric sung. 'Yo! I fucks with it!' He then stated. 'And when it comes to the chorus, you guys should all harmonize together, but don't overshadow K-Ci's voice too much' Davina advised, which boosted Cedric's ego too much. While Cedric boasted, Donald had to ask how'd she come up with that so fast. 'When writing, I think about the things or people that motivate me. For me, it was my grandma because she was the one who believed in me the most' Davina stated. He smiled at her then Mya joined in the conversation.

'Alright baby, I gotta go. So I'll see you later & I will call you!' Mya exclaimed while giving Donald a kiss, and then pointing at Davina. The boys left as well, stating that they wanted to sleep & eat before this long ass studio session they knew they were gonna be in. Once the coast was clear, Donald pulled Davina in a long & passionate kissed. She smiled and caressed his cheek, with her thumb.

'You're a pretty good actor' She told him. 'I have to be, if we keep doing what we doing' He said and pecked her lips. She rolled her eyes & sighed. 'Relax baby, we'll be together soon. I promise' He reassured her, bringing a smile to her face. 'Okay, but in the meantime, you need to show me how much you've missed me' Davina flirted.

davina_forevra here you go girl! Sorry it isn't in 1996. But, I hope you liked it!

Michelle as Davina