Forty Nine

Long ass chapter ahead.
And a warning ⚠️

Love you 💜

--------

"You know the consequence of your decision, right Jungkook?"

The alpha did not respond to Hoseok's words. He silently sat on the edge of his bed, letting his eyes settle on nothing in particular.

He knows what Hoseok is pertaining to, and Jungkook will be damned if he did not think about his actions thoroughly.

Letting Taehyung's family in their pack was a bold move even for him. He knows they could be a threat in exposing the werewolve's existence, but Jungkook trusts them.

They were his love's family after all.

"They won't endanger our pack, Hoseok. They could have told others about us way back when they were attacked, but they kept their silence." the ravenette responded now looking at Hoseok's worried face.

The latter sighed. "You know that's not what I'm talking about." He muttered, concern written all over his face.

Jungkook heaved a deep sigh. He stared on the floor, smiling sadly at the thought that keeps on ringing in his mind.

"I trust Taehyung, Hoseok. Whatever his decision may be, I trust him." He said in a whisper, forcing himself to smile.

The beta walked towards him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You really do love him, Jungkook. I have never seen you like this.. happy and full of love. I just hope you won't have to experience another heartache."

Earlier, when Jungkook decided to visit the room where Taehyung and his family are staying, he heard Tae's mother say something that made Jungkook halt his movements.

"Let's go home, Tae."

Jungkook turned his gaze away, remembering the bitter taste on his mouth upon hearing those words.

"Do you think he'll leave me, Hoseok?" he asked in a whisper.

"Between us, you're the only one who could answer that. Do you think he loves you enough to stay?" Hoseok stared at him in the eyes and saw how uncertain he has become.

Seeing Taehyung so happy with his family earlier made Jungkook feel elated but at the same time... scared.

What if Taehyung decides to leave him to be with his family again?

Even though Taehyung has become an omega, he still has a human family that he loves and cares so much.

What if his love for Jungkook will not be enough to make him stay?

The alpha shakes his head, smiling bitterly at the sudden pang in his chest.

He looked away before letting his heart speak out with all honesty.

"I don't know, Hoseok... I don't know."

That night, Jungkook slept alone in his room, allowing Taehyung to spend his time with his family even more.

He tossed and turned on his bed, but sleep was not coming his way. He stared at the ceiling as the feeling of emptiness enveloped his whole being.

He felt incomplete without him by his side, without his body next to his before he closes his eyes.

Jungkook shifted on the bed, facing the empty space beside him. He sighed, letting his hand caress the sheets where Taehyung lies, imagining him.

"I trust you Tae."