Ma'am

Mahoney drove through the streets, swerving back and forth. The handcuffs rubbed aggressively against Frank's and Lena's wrists.

"Driving an ambulance, I have Frank Castle and his bimbo partner," Mahoney said in the walkie talkie. Lena rolled her eyes to her nickname. 

The radio responded, "Why are you in an ambulance?"

"Just hurry up and meet me!" Mahoney screamed back. 

Shortly after, a cop car pulled up next to the ambulance. Mahoney let a sigh of relief out as he started to roll his window down. He stopped halfway when he realized it wasn't a cop. The man pulled out a KWA Mac 11 and opened fire at Mahoney. He then moved his aim to the back of the ambulance.

"Shit!" Lena yelled as she and Frank had to get as close to the floor as they could.

The man then changed his aim to the tires, after missing one he started shooting at the back one. Mahoney lost control and ran off the highway ramp. They landed below after turning over onto the roof.

For a couple of seconds, nothing happened. Everyone was still waking up out of a daze that was mixed with confusion and shock. 

Frank was the first to wake up, as he tried to slip out of the handcuffs Lena had woken up. She groaned as she tried to get up. A sharp pain ran up her arm as she tried to stand, she breathed in quickly and fell back to the floor.

Frank was grabbing the keys from a groaning Mahoney, "F-Frank, my arm is broken." Lena tried to move it again only to have a sharper pain, "Fuck!" She screamed holding back more profanities.  

Frank unlocked his cuffs then Lena's, "C'mon let's get out of here," He grabbed her by the waist then led her out of the ambulance. His arm was dislocated from the crash.

Once outside Frank hit his shoulder against the side of the ambulance in an attempt to relocate it. Once he did he screamed in pain. Lena walked to the front of the ambulance only to notice gas leaking. 

She ran back into the ambulance and cut Mahoney out of his seatbelt. She let the detective put his arm around her. The three of them walked as far as they could before the ambulance exploded. They had all fell to the ground.

Frank got Lena up and started to help her leave, "I can't let you leave!" Mahoney screamed at them, he started to get out his gun.

Lena turned around and stared into Mahoney's eyes. "We're not the bad guys here. Just know that when you fill out that police report," Lena then walked closer to him and grabbed his jacket. She nodded at him as she tied it into a sling. Mahoney had put his gun down with a sigh as Lena and Frank started to walk off again. "One last thing detective," Lena said as she stopped, "If you ever call me a bimbo again... better hope I don't catch you."

~

After Lena and Frank had stolen a car they pulled up to a building covered in quartz. The gold title read "Housing for Government Personal".

"Stay put," Frank said to Lena as he left.

Her nose flared, "No!".

Frank rubbed his face, "You're dressed as a nurse-"

"And you're dressed as a cop with his face beat in," Lena argued.

Frank sighed, "And your arm is broken, just watch the car."

"Fuck you!" Lena yelled as Frank walked into the marble building.

He came back ten minutes later with a man in a suit. Frank opened the door to the back seat and slammed the door. "Please, ma'am. Please help me." The man's voice quivered.

Lena rolled her eyes and grabbed a handkerchief and shoved it in his mouth. "Don't call me ma'am." When Frank saw what she did he let a grin appear on his face. "What?" Lena asked.

"You seem pretty good at this kidnapping stuff... ma'am." Frank chuckled as Lena gave him a deathly glare.

Lena huffed, "Watch your back asshole."

~

When they pulled up to the trailer all the lights were turned on. Frank and Lena walked in, Curtis was laying on the ground, his blood had seeped into the carpet around his head. 

"Where is she?" Frank asked Curtis as he woke up. "Who took her?!"

Curtis got up on his elbows, "A guy dressed as a pilgrim." Curtis put his hand to his head, his cheek was beaten down to flesh.

"Dammit!" Frank yelled. "Give me your phone." He told Lena.

Lena handed him her phone and he put it up to his ear. A ring started to sound, everyone had a look of confusion on their faces. Everyone opened the cheap trailer door outside. The ring was louder. Frank walked towards the sound and found Amy's phone but Amy wasn't there. 

Frank grabbed the phone and threw it. Lena put her hand on his arm, she felt his veins pump angrily with blood. He walked to the car and grabbed the man out of the backseat.

"Frank! Is that the Senator?!" Curtis asked.

"Wow, I didn't know it was the Senator, he left me in the car," Lena said with attitude as Frank shrugged. 

Frank made the man sit on the couch in the trailer as he sat across him. "Give us answers and we won't expose you." Frank held up pictures of him kissing other men.

"I don't know what you're talking about, that was just a one-time thing," His voice quivered and shook with every word.

Frank sighed and grabbed the Senators' phone. "Shall we call mommy and daddy?" The man stared at Frank, his chest rose and fell quicker as Frank scrolled through his contacts.