Chapter 29

Holy crap look at that... a chapter- no way.

-----
3rd Person
-----
It had been 2 weeks since the experience that occurred in Russia's room. They talked pretty frequently after everything, and America couldn't help but feel excited whenever he thought about the Russian. Even if all they did was sit somewhere and talk, he felt happiness in his chest just to see the other in person. Honestly... even to see a text from him made him giddy.

Russia meanwhile felt himself becoming a bit warmer towards the American. He didn't fully trust him yet, and he still didn't feel welcomed by America's friends, but things were moving up between them. Although... he still wasn't sleeping or eating enough, and he just felt his energy and strength sapping at an increasingly worse rate.

Conveniently, it was Friday when Russia decided to take a smoke on the roof. He just needed to think, and be alone. He had walked past the cafeteria and seen America sitting and talking with his other friends, and figured he'd just remain on the sidelines. He'd let America have fun with them, and he wouldn't be absorbed by the mass of people in the room, as well as a burden to the others at the table.

All he heard while walking down the hall was his own quiet footsteps. His eyelids felt heavy, but he stared blankly forwards, like a car on auto pilot. He refused to try and sleep, because he already knew what would happen when he opened that metaphorical door.

Suddenly, he saw North Korea round the corner. The Korean stopped and crossed his arms, his face cold and concrete. He'd been expecting Russia to come down the hall, Russia figured, based on his stance.

"So, look who came crawling back for seconds." Russia scoffed, crossing his arms back at the shorter country. North's expression stayed the same, and he didn't even bat an eye.

"You're cocky, aren't you? You may have caught me off guard, but don't you fucking think I would let you get away with that."

"What, you think I couldn't kick your ass a second time?" Russia challenged, taking a step forward.

"I don't. You've been looking gaunt recently, plus... it doesn't seem like you have any back up, does it?" He said slowly, tilting his head with an empty smirk on his face. Russia heard the foot steps behind him and he turned his head to the side, meeting the cold eyes of China and Cuba.

"Well... aren't you fucking cliche." Russia muttered, turning back to North with his gaze hardened. The other two countries approached Russia readily and grabbed both of his arms. He tore away from their grip and whirled around, swinging quickly at Cuba's face. His fist landed on its target and the other country grunted, but quickly recovered and punched Russia back before he could dodge. The single hit made Russia feel like he could collapse, but he wasn't going to give up that easily. He lunged forwards again and struck him in the gut, making Cuba's breath come out in a rush. Russia felt China come in from the side and punch him in the ribs as hard as she could. Russia wheezed a little as she roughly grabbed both of his arms and held them behind him. Cuba grabbed him as well, restricting one of his arms. He tried his hardest to fight back, but his energy was virtually nonexistent, and he knew he had been beaten. The two countries shoved him forwards roughly until he fell down on his knees. He felt their hands pinning him down even then, and even the rage boiling in his stomach wasn't enough to get him back up on his feet.

He looked at North Korea's boots as he walked over and looked down at a Russia coldly. The Russian stubbornly looked up and met his gaze, not giving in.

"Looks like the tough guy isn't so tough after all." North hummed.

"Oh shut the fuck up, you can't say shit when you're too petty to fight me yourself. You had your two rats do the dirty work for you." Russia retorted, gritting his teeth.

North responded by kicking Russia in the side of the head, causing the country's head to snap to the side slightly. He felt pain in his mouth and realized he'd bitten his tongue as the tangy metallic taste came shortly after.

"Any other comments, smart ass?" North said, leaning down to get closer to Russia.

"Мудак." Russia responded, spitting a mixture of blood and saliva into North's face. The other country's gaze darkened as he stood back up straight. He was still for a moment before his fist slammed down into Russia's face. Shortly after, all 3 countries had begun to beat up on him. He felt China's boot slam right into his rib cage, Cuba kicking his back, while North knelt down to punch him in the face again. It only lasted maybe 30 to 40 seconds, but by the end, Russia's whole body felt like shit. He lay there, staring blankly at the wall as North looked down at his bloodied face.

"Stay down, like the dog you are." He flicked russia roughly on the face before standing back up, turning heel with his arms behind his back, and walking off with Cuba and China close behind. Russia debated just laying there and not getting up. The pain in his body was so great, he almost did. But he didn't need anyone else to see what had happened, or see him weak. He was disgusted with himself for not being able to fight them off. He slowly sat up and pressed his back against the wall. He looked over at the blood on the floor that had both dripped and splattered a bit on the floor below him. He scoffed to himself before scuffing it with his shoe, sliding up the wall, and slowly walking to the bathroom. He couldn't believe nobody had been there, no one had come through the hall, not a single person. He held his stomach painfully with one hand while walking in crooked manner to the bathroom.

Once inside, he splashed his face with cold water and wiped all the blood away with paper towels. He couldn't even look at his reflection in the mirror, partly from disappointment, partly from the fact that he was kind of worried what he would see.

He washed his hands and dried them the same before leaving the room and slowly glancing around the hall. He saw one or two people at the ends of the hallway, and figured lunch was going to end soon. As he stepped out into the hall, his mouth tasting like blood, and one hand still on his stomach as he tried to straighten his posture, he saw a familiar face come around the corner. America, and Japan at his side, talking about something Russia couldn't hear. At the sight of him there, Russia felt something prick his stomach. The other country looked forwards and saw Russia after a moment, sho was still had strange posture, and he just stared at him for a moment. Russia straightened up quickly, his teeth gritted, and turned away. He wasn't sure how America was going to react, but he knew it wouldn't be good. He debated what to do quickly, and decided he wasn't going to sit in classes for the rest of the day and get weird looks from people as the bruises formed. He started walking down the hall to get to the front doors, his pace quickened.

America watched him walk away, and didn't notice the look Japan was giving him.

"Are you okay?" Japan asked.

Her words caused America to snap out of his daze and look over at her. "Oh.. yeah I'm fine.." he replied, although his tone was suspicious. Japan raised her eyebrow at him before replying.

"You can go after him."

America didn't hesitate to nod and start following Russia, his pace became increasingly fast as he tried to catch up with the taller country. He turned the corner and saw nobody there. The foyer was completely void of Russia. He saw a few countries walking calmly and talking, but he didn't see the one he was looking for. He turned to look into the office and also saw no one. He approached the front doors and looked outside, but to no avail.

Russia was gone.

-----

Russia is like a fox, illusive sneaky boi.

Don't worry he won't be hiding from America for long xD