Wake the Slumbering Demon

After being warned by the princess of Bycrest herself, that night, Casimir and his family secretly fled in the middle of the night.

Adira was especially nervous due to the fact that she had once been imprisoned in that very kingdom with no hope in sight and now, as she makes her way back with her family, she was fervently praying that they would be able to return home safely.

After passing through the borders between the two kingdoms and finally laying her sights on the palace growing closer in the far distance, Adira let out a sigh of relief. She was able to return safely. She was home.

Casimir noticed her tensed shoulders slump in obvious relief and relaxation as he leaned forward to reach his hands out and caress the woman's pale face finally regaining its usual lovely rosy color.

"Are you okay? What's bothering you?"

Adira smiled at the uncanny warmth of her husband's touch, and the beautiful worry interlaced in his deep voice, that was exclusively only for her and their little family.

She leaned on his touch and held his much larger hands underneath her smaller ones as she softly shook her head and answered,

"Everything's okay now. I was just unnecessarily worried about how my revenge on the Maiden of Light got us into trouble."

"About that. My wife, there's something I think you need to know."

Casimir started and tried to break it out to her as gently and calmly as possible. This piece of information, which he thinks that she, herself, doesn't know, was long overdue.

She needs to know this part of her identity. She deserves that.

"You... The truth of the matter is that you're—"

And in that moment, along with their carriage tumbling onto its side was a deafening, loud sound of explosives.

Adira reflexively wrapped her arms around Heise to protect him while the latter tried to protect his little sibling inside his mother's womb after being jolted awake by that loud sound and their tumbling carriage.

Casimir also wrapped both Adira and Heise inside his arms and immediately asked them if they were okay after their carriage had settle down.

"Yes, I'm fine. Heise?" Adira groaned in reply and looked down onto Heise to check if the child was fine.

It was then that she noticed how the child had casted a thin protective layer of black mist around them and a thick and heavily concentrated mist around Adira's belly.

"Heise... Heise protected the baby." The little boy spoke when he met his mother's astounded and happy eyes looking proudly down at him as he instinctively prioritized the unborn child's safety.

"Yes. Now, you're not only Mommy's hero but also the baby's hero. Thank you, big brother Heise." She smiled warmly before planting a kiss on the child's head and Casimir helped them up.

After making sure that there were no casualties among them, the grunts and clanging of swords amongst the mixed cries of inquiry of their status reached their ears.

"Your highnesses! Prince Casimir! Princess Adira! Prince Heise!"

"Mistress!! Are you okay?! Move out of my way, you bastards!"

"Your highnesses!! Guh! These bastards just don't die out."

They could hear Alexander, Roman and the other knights try to get to them while also fending off something.. or rather someone.

Is it bandits? Soldiers? Did Raidyn pursue us? He won't let me go that easily, will he?

Adira's thoughts were getting gloomier as she thought about those manic amber eyes that continued to haunt her relentlessly while also feeling a chill coursing up and down her spine.

"Ca-Casey... I'm... I'm scared." She whispered too softly, as if afraid that any louder than that would lead that man to where she was, that if Casimir didn't notice her trembling, he wouldn't have heard her little frightened voice.

"It'll be fine. I'm here. I won't let anything come near you or Heise." Casimir reassured his wife. Although he doesn't know where exactly her fear was stemming from, he knew that she was dreadfully terrified of the King of Bycrest.

And that was enough reason for him to remove the said man out of her sights and out of her life. No matter if it led to another war.

He'll just have to subdue and swallow them whole as he brings their country under the empire's control.

Kicking the roof of the carriage down, no matter how sturdy or thick of a wood it was, it crumbled all the same under the might of a pissed off great demon lord.

Unsheathing his sword off its scabbard, Casimir fluidly slashed down all the rogues, with no single wasted movement, that stood frozen in between him and his entourage.

"Report." He icily spoke while twisting his sword that he stabbed into the last person's chest and ended his poor pitiful life.

Roman immediately stepped forward, as if on cue, and reiterated what happened from their point of view, who were a few ways away from their carriage as instructed prior.

It seems that a few rogues were lying in wait to ambush the Royal's carriage and, after disorienting the demon inside, attempted to finish things cleanly.

However, Alexander and Roman were too quick on their feet that they managed to fend off some, that got as close as a few steps away from the tumbled carriage, long enough for the others to catch up and help.

The weird thing about these rogues was that they were too skilled and too organized to be just a random bandit group thrown in a group at the last minute as they chanced upon the Royal Family's carriage.

Casimir used the tip of his sword and tore the cloth that hid the dead man's, who was the most formidable out of everyone yet was lying lifelessly on his feet, face to confirm his suspicion and indeed found a familiar profile.

"He's..!" Roman gasped as he recognized the person.

"One of Marquess Devich's men." Casimir finished for his right-hand man.

Truly, they have begun to move and even chose the moment when he returned together with his family to make sure he was preoccupied thus tying his hands.

"How cute."

There was the almost forgotten kind of chill in the air as Casimir turned to address the few men directly under him, he brought with him to Bycrest, and they all stood stiffly in attention when they once again met with the Great Demon Lord of the Empire.

It seems that I have been silent for far too long that these maggots have dared to step out of their line.

"Men, the other faction's coup d'etat has begun. From here on out, we must tread carefully back to the palace and ensure the utmost safety of the Princess and the Little prince.

Anyone that so much as dares to show even a little bit of intent to harm, then..."

Casimir's cold voice trailed off but gestured the missing detail in his instructions as he swiftly swiped a finger across his neck and smirked evilly.

The final instruction was easy and as clear as the bright sunrays glazing over their lively figures all ready and eager to go chopping and skinning some bastards up.

Anyone that dares to harm the Princess Adira and the Little Prince Heise can say goodbye to their heads.

"Yes sir!" They simultaneously cried out in confirmation that they understood and heard his command loud and clear.

Piss this man off and you're on a one-way ticket straight to hell. Ahh~ why did they have to go and wake the slumbering docile demon up? When this demon arises, then hell shall descend upon their pitiful lives.

Those bastards doesn't seem to learn at all.

Notes:
Hi~ I'm finally back! I am very sorry! My wife (school) had become very demanding of my time which was why I couldn't come and write a new chapter. But today, I managed to escape and finally wrote one! Banzaaaiii~!! 🎉🎉🎉 Then, I'm looking forward to your thoughts again, okay? Love lots~ 😘