i wanna be your boyfriend

Eddie was alone at home. His mother left to visit her sisters. She wanted to make him come, but his constant begging to leave him at home and the complaining about how he doesn't like his aunts, made her change her mind. She didn't want her sisters to see such an "uneducated boy", as she liked to call him in every argument.

Eddie was now sitting on his bed, scrolling through different songs. He just came home from school.

He had a bad day. The first thing he saw that morning was Richie and his girlfriend Diana , making out by his locker. She was a bitch. Eddie seriously couldn't understand why they were together. She acted all sweet and nice when Richie was around, but after he left she would trash talk him.

If you didn't realize it yet, Eddie has a crush on Richie. And after what he saw, he got sad and jealous so he avoided him all day. At least it was the day where they didn't have any classes together.

Now, he was searching for a song about someone being in love with his friend. Yeah, kinda specific, but maybe he could find at least one.

It took him about 20 minutes to find a song.

i wanna be your girlfriend  by girl in red.

He read the lyrics to make sure it was a good song

Eh, he could change the name. He listened to it on repeat, the volume on full.
**************
This became a routine for him. He would come home and blast the song. If his mother was home, he would put his headphones on.

He now knows the whole song and even changes the lyrics to adapt it to his situation.

Today was another day of ignoring Richie, not because he wanted to, but because he was forced to.

He walked this morning with him and, as usual, Richie had his arm over Eddie's shoulder. Eddie was blushing, but Richie was oblivious to that fact. But Diana wasn't.

She caught him alone and warned him to stay away from 'her Richie' or she would expose that he was gay.

He really didn't want to, but he wasn't ready to come out.

It went on for about a week. Richie tried so many times to talk to him, but he would always find a way to avoid him.

It was now friday, his mom yet again leaving to see her sisters.

He was going to cry.

What could he do? The only person that could really distract him was Richie. And he couldn't talk to him.

He put on the song.

Maybe i should record my own. It can't make me sadder than i already am..

He grabbed a notebook. He rewritten the lyrics.

I wanna be your boyfriend

Oh richie
I wanna feel you close
Oh richie
Come lie with my bones
Oh richie
Don't look away
Oh richie
Just look at me the same

I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna kiss your lips
I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath
I don't wanna be your friend
I wanna kiss your lips
I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath

Oh richie
Tell me something nice
Like flowers and blue skies
Oh richie
I will follow you home
Although my lips are blue and I'm cold