6. Gone

Serena

This had been a more eventful evening than I had initially thought. It was actually a lot more awful.

When I had woken up this morning, I was essentially doing nothing up until I had to get ready for the party and even after that, I thought I'd stay a few hours and then leave.

I did not think I would be seeing Liam, Bea, his parents too. I knew it had happened, but my mind was still a bit jumbled. It was all just unexpected.

Not too long after Liam and Bea had left, I had also left to come back home. I didn't really have it in me to stand in these heels anymore and I was also quite tired from everything.

As soon as I got back home, I took of my heels first and then made my way into the bedroom.

Will and I had our own wardrobes, just to make life a little easier when getting ready in the morning. Within mine, I had a memory chest. It was just something that I liked to keep, for all those little things from the past.

I got on the little step-stool and took out the box, before stepping down and sitting atop my bed.

Sifting through the years of little bits and pieces I've kept, I found the thing I was looking for. A letter.

Well, there were two. One was a letter Julie had written to me sometime before the wedding, another was a letter she'd written after.

I put the box aside and opened up the envelope, taking out the letter then read its' contents...

Dearest Rena,

I'm hoping this letter reaches you well.

I really hope you're well and happy, Serena. Wherever you are and whatever you're doing.

You're probably wondering why after all this time I'm writing to you? Well, it's because I have some news. I'm pregnant.

Please don't think I'm telling you this to cause you any pain or hurt you in any way, because that would never be my intention. I only ever wish to see you happy.

I just wanted to tell you this, because I'm just really happy and I really wanted to share this news with someone I consider to be close to me and a friend.

You are actually the first person I'm telling about my pregnancy, even if this letter may reach you afterwards. I also know it's meant to be kept to yourself at first, but I wanted to share the news, and somehow, you're the first person that came to mind.

I'm know I'm about to ask for a lot, but I really want you to come see the baby, whenever he or she is born. I completely understand if it's too much for you, but I really want you to be a part of the baby's life.

I'm really hoping it's a girl, because I know exactly what I want to name her. I have a name in mind, and I hope someday you'll come see her and smile when you hear it.

Serena, you're the kindest, sweetest and most selfless soul I've never known. I wish you all the happiness there is.

I miss you, Rena.

All my love,

Julie

P.S. You're really missed.

I clutched the letter from Julie to my chest, smiling to myself.

This was one of two letters that Julie had sent me about her pregnancy.

The other one wasn't much of a letter, it just said, 'I want you to meet her too' and attached was picture from the sonogram.

My heart instantly melted seeing the picture, and that was also the last I would ever hear from Julie.