47. Sleepovers

Three days ago, Xavier asked me to give him another chance and we ended up kissing. After that, we talked over phone and he visited me in my office but nothing else happened.

Now, at this moment, I was dying to see him but I thought it would be awkward if I directly go to his house; he would think I was clingy.

Unless...

Unless I go to meet Jade, not him.

With this plan in my mind, I made my way to my car and seated myself on the driver's seat. Once the drive to their house ended, I applied some lipstick and mascara and ran my palm over the creases of my dress.

Once I was satisfied with my appearance, I exited the car and walked towards the door. After a knock or two, Cecilia opened the door and let me in.

"Where is Jade?" I asked as she led me to the living room.

"She is in the neighbourhood, having a sleepover with her friends." she told me.

"Aww, her first sleepover." I said in awe and sat down on the couch. "Where is Xavier?" I added.

"He is in his room. Do you want me to inform him about your arrival?" she asked respectfully.

So formal, just like her employer.

"No, it's fine. I'll check up on him myself." I said. She nodded and then excused herself, disappearing out of my sight in a blink.

After she left, I took a deep breath and contemplated between leaving and going to his room. There was nobody else in the house at that moment so being with alone would certainly be risky.

Who am I kidding? It's Xavier, the great gentleman. I was still surprised how he took charge that night when he kissed me hungrily.

The memory made my throat dry and I let out a small sigh. His tongue felt so good, tracing the inside of my mouth.

I wanted him to do this again, to pin me against the wall and kiss the life out of me.

Don't be a perv, Hazel.

Once my hormones calmed down, I stood up and climbed the stairs. My sandals made sound on the floor as I stepped towards his room and extended my hand to knock at the door.

Tapping my feet on the floor impatiently, I waited for him to open the door and when he did, I fought the urge to drool.

There he was, standing there in his pajamas and a fitted white T-shirt that hugged his muscular body like a second skin. His hair looked freshy washed and he smelled like aftershave.

"Hazel." His voice brought me back from the trance.

"I came to see Jade." I said.

"Oh, she is having a sleepover," he answered.

"Yeah, Cecilia told me. Um... I should go then." I turned around to leave but he called my name, stopping me.

"Would you like to come inside?" he offered and my mind began to form different images of us alone in a room.

"Yeah, sure." I said and followed him inside. His room was warm and cozy. I sat down on the bed and watched him as he bent down in front of the fireplace and started it. His biceps bulged with every movement and I just kept staring at him like a creep.

Why is he always so decent?

Why can't he make a fool of himself once in a while like me?

Why can't his hair look greasy or his face oily once in a blue moon?