VII

August 2011, Busan

August 2011, Busan.

"So?" Hana chews on her lip, eyes looking at her best friend in nervousness, "Did you get it?"

Result days always create a different type of panic, the weird churning of her stomach from the impatience and anxiousness she felt for Jeongguk. They both sit in front of the laptop in his lounge looking for the result.

It's achingly quiet, she can feel the tension in his body so she quickly holds on to his hand that's next to him. He grips it back instantly, his palm slightly sweaty from nerves.

"Okay," he sighs. "Let's do this."

Hana tightens her grip. A minute passes agonisingly.

"I got in."

Hana jumps instantly, her grin splitting her cheeks as she looks at Jeongguk. "You got in?! Check again, just to be sure."

"It's there," he whispers in slight shock. "My name is there, Jeon Jeongguk. I can't believe it."

His voice raises as the laptop tumbles to the side and he jumps up with a happy exclamation, "I got in! I passed!"

Hana squeals so loud she's sure she bursts her own ears, bringing her best friend into crushing hug. He returns it instantly, arms wrapping around her small body as the two teens stay latched in the hug all the while jumping and squealing in joy.

"I knew it!" Hana says happily. "I knew you were gonna get in, there's no way they wouldn't take you." Her face is resting on his shoulder, his black hair obscure her vision slightly as she laughs in pure joy at the knowledge of Jeongguk succeeding.

The boy breaks the hug only for a moment to look at her with the happiest grin on his face. It's so blindingly pure with relief and excitement that Hana can't help but return it. He says it once again, as if the louder and the more he says it, the more he can believe it. "I got in!"

"You bet your ass you did!" She screams happily bringing him in again for a hug.

After five minutes of hugging and screaming, the two calm down. By now, Jeongguk's parents are sitting with the two, happily chatting away at the good news.

"Woah wait," Hana says amidst the chatter, the laptop is now in her laptop as she scrolls through. "Its not just BigHit that's asked for you to come, but there are like six other companies."

"What?" Jeongguk's mouth drops. "You're joking!"

"See!"

"I can't believe it." His big eyes are even wider when reading the information.

"Wow my best friend is so talented," Hana fake sobs. "Can't believe you did that." Jeongguk laughs happily at her words.

"How am I going to pick though? Am I supposed to just go with the most popular one?" His question is directed at everyone in the room, his eyes looking at his parents and then at Hana. Only silence answers him back.