The Girl in the Dreams

Phoenix journal: No. 2

Entry 45:

This girl I keep meeting in my dreams remains a mystery. I am certain that she is real and that somehow, we have been linked through our dream. At first, we didn't talk much, probably because we were both shocked over finding another person in this dream landscape. However, after a few nights we got over the shock and started talking, learning more about each other. Unfortunately, I can't find out as much as I would like about her without telling her who I am. And from what I do know, that wouldn't go very well. She was very clear in her distaste for the revolution. What I do know is that she is around my age, studies in Musutafu and is very kind hearted. Even when expressing he disapproval of the revolution, she still could see where me and my followers come from and wanted to fix the same problems. Although, she still can't see that my way is the only way that would work properly.

Another weird development that has happened ever since I met this girl in my dreams, is that the fog is gradually disappearing. At first, I didn't notice it, but lately it has been undeniable. The fog covering the buildings is slowly getting thinner and thinner, making the place a little brighter actually. And the fog covering our bodies is developing much in the same way. To begin with, we could only see each other's eyes, but then our hands became clear of the fog and now I can start to see the rough shape of her head behind the fog. If this continues then maybe, just maybe, I'll find out who she is. I am certain that I have heard her voice somewhere before, I just can't place it.

When Deku once more woke up in his dream landscape he was met with the mysterious girl sitting next to him. "Oh, you're awake. Or should I say asleep? Did your job keep you up late again?" She asked jokingly. "Well, yes. I thought I was onto something, but it ended up being a dead end" Deku replied as he sat up himself. "What are you even researching at your job? I know it's about quirks, but what exactly?" She asked. "I work within quirk development and research and right now specifically I work on how quirks carry over from one generation to the next" Deku explained, only telling half the truth. "Now, I've told you what I work with so tell me what you are studying at this school of yours" He said. "Well, it's a bit embarrassing" The girl replied. "I study so that I can join the hero industry because they pay well" she explained. "So you're just after money?" Deku asked with a scoff. "It's not for me, it's for my parents. They have always struggled financially, and they always work so hard. So, I want to earn enough money so that they can relax" The girl elaborated. "I know it's a stupid reason, but I..." She said, but was interrupted by Deku "No, that is a good reason for doing what you do. It's important to help those who you love and care for. I hope it works out for you" He said.

"By the way" Deku said and stood up and looked on the surroundings. "Have you noticed that the fog has gotten lighter" We can see each other's hands now and the silhouette of our hair is starting to show" He commented. "Yes I have" The girl replied and walked up to a nearby building. "It's almost as if I could just wave the fog off these buildings" she said. She gently dragged her hand through the fog covering the building, which to her surprise, did blow away the fog for a short while. "Wait, I know this building" Deku said and ran up to the girl. He blew away more of the fog and revealed more of the surface beneath. "I know exactly which building this is. Maybe..." He muttered before trailing off. "Follow me!" Deku suddenly exclaimed and ran into the buildings dark interior and up the stairs.

Deku came running onto the top of the building with the girl following closely behind. He walked to the edge of the roof and watched over the dark city. "This is Musutafu" He said in realisation. "You're right!" The girl said excitedly as she walked up next to him and began looking around. "Which means that UA is that way" She said and pointed towards the hero school. "Yeah, and over there is..." Deku said excitedly, before becoming more sombre "That's where mom used to live" Izuku said with a saddened tone before sitting down with his head low.