13. Moon dogs

NO SPOILERS: But like...Okay... Have you guys seen the new episode?
- I'M SQUEALING

Like I get so many ideas for new stories in the future :) yay! But don't worry, I'll finish this one first.

-Also, I'll try to make the future chapters longer-

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"-Okay, but i found some fluxweed"

You all stood with your backs to one another, everyone looking in different directions. The forest had become really dark, and you weren't lying when you said that it was almost impossible to see only a few meters ahead of you.

You heard a crack coming from the dark, and you gulped. You tightened your grip around Varian's gloved hand and taking a grip of one of your shurikens. The rest of the group seemed to follow your actions, by getting their weapons ready.

And just as you were all ready to fight the creatures luring out there, you saw a blue pair of eyes staring right at you, only a couple feet away. You could see the outline of the creature, due to the weak light of its eyes cast.

"Uhm... guys?" You asked quietly. "There's... In front of me... I think it's a moon dog." You slowly backed away, the group following. Varian let go of your hand, to get an arrow ready on his bow. He aimed it at the figure.

You could feel Andrew coming up next to you, holding his arm up in front of you to protect you.

And then you saw it. The moon-dogs head was so close now, that you could see it clearly in the moonlight. It growled loudly, showing it's many teeth, which were all as sharp as needles. You didn't know why it was called a moon dog. Because from what you could see from here, it's head was as big as a grown-up wolfs. It had dark grey fur and when you looked into those intense blue eyes, which didn't blink, there was no doubt that it was hungry.

And just when you thought the situation couldn't get any worse, three more pair of eyes appeared in the dark behind it. They were all growling too.

"Okay," Cassandra spoke concentrated. "Don't move or make a loud noise-"

"RUUUUUUUUUN!!!" You heard your brother scream as he disappeared into the forest. You didn't get to react before Varian had taken your arm, running right behind the rest of the group.

It felt like your heart had paid a visit no your throat, while you ran for your life along with your friends. Rapunzel was on the back of Cassandra, singing her magic song, so her hair lit up the way. This was indeed helpful as it prevented your from tripping over something.

You had walked the whole days, and your feet were as tired as ever, but you had to keep going. You didn't want to become the moon dogs next meal. You ran so fast at this point that the whole forest around you was a blur.