9: The Bid

I got outside for some fresh air after the dance. The atmosphere was lovely in the garden. There were not many people and everything was so quiet and calm.

The beautiful full moon shining in the sky, the twinkling stars, and the dazzling lights decorated the whole environment. It was honestly, breathtaking.

I was lost in that beautiful world when suddenly, I felt some footsteps approaching.

After a while, that person was by my side and I turned to look.

The stranger was a handsome man. He gave a smile to me and I smiled back.

"May I have the name of this gorgeous lady?", He asked and I chuckled.

"It's Kim Y/N. And may I have your name as well?", I replied.

"I am Kang Minjun.", He said while giving his hand to me and I shook it lightly.

"Good evening Mr. Kang.", I said.

"Thank you. I hope you are having a great evening too."

"I must be in a museum right now.", He told me after a while as we gazed at a distance together.

"Why?", I asked confusedly since it came out of nowhere.

"Because you truly are a work of art.", He said and I chuckled.

"Good one. But pick-up lines don't work on me."

"So, who is your lucky date today?", He asked grinning. "Because maybe we could swap and I could make you mine."

"I came with my boss.", I told.

"What a lucky person.", He said pouting his lips.

He was fun to be around and was cracking jokes all the time. Flirting with me from time to time, telling pick-up lines, he could be someone who could make a great friend.

"The stars are looking beautiful tonight, aren't they?", He asked.

"Yes, they are really pretty.", I stared at the star-studded night sky.

"But there's someone prettier than the stars.", He said.

"Who?", I asked nonchalantly.

"You...." He told.

I laughed at that. This man certainly has a way with his words.

He took out his phone suddenly and started talking while showing it to me.

"I was blinded by your beauty...Now, I'm going to need your phone number for insurance purposes.", He said.

I was going to give him my phone number. "It's----"

"Miss Kim", I was suddenly interrupted by Mr. Park's voice. He came towards us taking long steps. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh Mr. Park, let me introduce you to Mr. Kang Minjun. Mr. Kang, I work as Mr. Park's secretary. ", I said introducing Minjun to Jimin.

"I am Kang Minjun.", He said, and Jimin and he shook hands with each other. They both stared at each other coldly. There was some kind of unusual tension between the two.

"Miss Kim, the official event is starting soon. You need to be there. I think it's time to head in.", Jimin said with a cold expression on his face which I couldn't fathom, and started walking back.

I looked at Minjun. "Let's meet again, Mr. Kang. I will have to leave now."

"Wait, your number?", He said. I took the phone in his hand and typed my number. Then, I returned it to him.