Ch.13 Going Back

This chapter continues from where chapter 1 was left off.

Pooja's P.O.V

I wake up even before the alarm goes off. Reliving the past is never easy, whether by dream or otherwise. With the mail I was atleast happy to know Megha was well and fine. It was true that Ma knew about where I have been for the last three years I had gone M.I.A. And Ma had kept her promise of keeping it a secret.

But what left me uneasy was, why in the world was Arjun trying to reach me? As far as I remember he was the one adamant on making me leave his life. What changed now?

Maybe Renuka showed her true colours.

I smirk at my minds answer. But as though unconsciously my hand moves to the pendant on my neck. I still had a small part of me wishing I could be a part of his life, his happiness. I shake my head to remove all unnecessary emotional thoughts from my head.

I turn to look at my baby girl, sleeping peacefully. Kissing her forehead, I go freshen up and go for a run. I always keep the baby monitor switched on, especially when I'm not near her, so that dad could take care of her.

The sun hadn't risen yet, but there was this faint light in the sky, letting you see your surroundings even when there was no street lights. My legs start picking up speed as I near the running tracks. I lived with dad and as you can expect it was a posh area.

And when I say dad, yes he is my biological father. Mr.Shaheed Khan is my biological father. Who would have thought, the one person I looked up to was my own dad, in a twisted way.

After my accident, I was admitted to hospital by someone and the doctor there did recognise me. He had been to one of dad's, I meant Shaheed sir, party, the one which Ma made me attend to with her. He had thought that I was her daughter, not daughter-in-law, and was basically stalking me that night (he was pretty embarrassed when he told me, poor guy). So he directly called Ma and she came there.

We had hugged and cried a lot and then when I told her about my parents, she said she knew that long back. Right at the moment she met me she knew who I was. Basically I'm just a photocopy of my mom. She told me my parents, the real ones, story.

Ma was an orphan just like my dad, who was five years younger than her, and they were raised by an old couple together. So, them being siblings. When the old couple passed away, Ma and dad looked after each other going for small jobs and all. Then Ma met Arjun's dad and they got married a year or so later. She tried helping him with support of her husband but he refused. And when she insisted, he cut her off telling he wanted to be independent. (Made me remind of the time I cut of Megha and my brother back when I was in college) 

My dad was still doing his final year at Highschool. He went to college and met mom during his first year there. Knocked her up, had me during their second year. And life being it's cruel self, my mom's parents weren't pleased. They came from this really religious background where sex before marriage was sin. And now being pregnant my mom had ended up being the black sheep in the family.

Her parents, meaning my grandparents, made her cut all ties with dad, sent her away to her sister, my aunt or so called ex-mother. Mom had fallen into depression with the verbal abuse from her sister. So after giving birth to me she tried to contact my dad but to no luck, there weren't any social media or for God's sake even a mobile phone. Same way dad had been trying to find her, like a nomad, travelling from city to city. And finally when he came, mom had already left us.

He fought for my custody with my aunt and uncle who was ready to dump me, but my grandparents were another case. Dad lost the suit and had to returned home. He completed his degree and made himself established. That was when Ma found her brother. Finally when they were ready to come get me, I had already moved out for college.