『12』

If unable to see the video it is just the scene of the Extended edition, where Bofur sings.

f/c = favorite color

Y/n POV

"There is an..."

I turned my head over to the voice, revealing Bofur singing on a pedestal between the two small tables.

"Inn, a merry old inn.
beneath an old grey hill.

And there they brew a beer so brown,
that the Man in the Moon himself came down,
one night to drink his fill."

The more Bofur sings the pace of the song quickens, as the dwarves bang their utensils on the tables, making a thud noise.

I chuckle at their act, causing some elves, to look at me probably wondering why I allow myself to hang out with them. I shrug it off walking over to the dwarves, clapping to the tune.

"The ostler has a tipsy cat
that plays a five-stringed fiddle;
And up and down he runs his bow,
Now squeaking high, now purring low."

As Bofur sings his voice changes depending on the lyric given. I catch the eyes of Bofur as he tips his hat to me, I return with a small curtsy. Some of the dwarves started to sing along by this time, as they become rowdy, I myself don't mind the noise.

Though when it comes to the elves, they never liked it as much, they prefer the strings of the harp, classical. Both beautiful and unique art of music, though in this current events I like the noise a lot more.

"Now sawing in the middle."

"So the cat on his fiddle played
hey-diddle-diddle,
a jig that would wake the dead:

He squeaked and sawed and
quickened the tune,
While the landlord shook
the Man in the Moon:
'It's after three!' he said!"

I tilt my head at what he had said next, he skipped many verses. Clapping my hands nonetheless, as he bowed my direction, giving a small wink. This caused the laugh more wholeheartedly, though some were a tad sour towards his expression that he gave me.

"Now Bofur I believe you are missing a few verses, why not sing the whole song?" He looked down at me with a smile still on the small pedestal.

"Well lass it seems I've forgotten the last few verses, why not sing it to help me jog my memory?"

I look at him chuckling as I do so, the dwarves only cheered me on. Taking at a few of the elves behind me, some were star struck to say the least. Catching their eyes with my glances here and there, dare I say some were embarrassed.

I let out a deep sigh.

"I'll sing."

"Though I might not be as good as the o'l mighty master Bofur though this time I'll sing another song.." I say teasingly, as I did a small bow towards Bofur as we exchanged places.

I stand on the pedestal, breathing deeply, in and out, in and out.

"There's an inn of old renown.
Where they brew a beer so brown."

I start slowly, peaking one of my eyes open to look around.

"Moon came rolling down the hill,
one Hevnsday night to drink his fill."

"On a three-stringed fiddle there,
played the Ostler's cat so fair,
the hornèd cow that night was seen.
to dance a jig upon the green."

I sang at a quicker pace, opening both eyes to look at the audience, as I summoned a violin. Though I was never perfect at it, I was good enough to play a tune to this song.