Chapter 31

Harry's POV

O.W.L.S.

Hermione has been hammering us about these since we met and now they really are here. I think I should've taken it more seriously. I'm gonna give myself a heart attack in the middle of it, just watch. What's even worse is that Umbridge will be supervising it.

I sighed looking up towards the ceiling. I'm too young to be suffering like this.

"Harry James Potter! You're not even ready yet!" Draco's voice echoed in my ears.

"I don't wanna go. You can't make me."

"Don't bet on that. Now, get out of bed and get ready. Exams are in thirty minutes and you promised Weasel that you would talk to him." He said as he finished knotting his green and silver tie.

"Oh, right." I sighed, am I even going to be able to talk to Ron after what happened? Will I be able to forgive him? It's all gonna depend on what he has to say really.

"I'm just gonna fail them anyways." I said trying to get my mind off of Ron but it doesn't work.

"You've got to at least try. We've been studying together and you've been getting better."

"Ah! Oh no! I think I just got struck with a 'forget me' spell and now I can't remember anything!" I proclaimed dramatically as I fell back on my bed.

"You're such a child."

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I pointed my finger at him and raised my eyebrow slightly.

"You don't want me to answer that truthfully." He replied with a smirk. Part of me thinks I should be scared, but the other part of me is, well, the exact opposite. "Harry. Seriously, It won't be that bad. You'll do amazing." He sat next to me on the bed.

"No, you'll do amazing. I'll be jobless for the rest of my life!"

"Well that may be true, but you'll be spending the rest of your life with me, so it doesn't matter."

My mouth fell open slightly as I stared at him. My eyes going wide at what he just said.

He wants to spend the rest of his life with me?

"I-uh-that came out wrong?" He said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Draco."

He stood up and started pacing the room. "Sorry, that is moving way to fast, I don't think-"

"Draco!" I shouted to get his attention. He stopped and looked over at me. "Do you actually want to spend the rest of your life with me? Honestly?"

Draco sighed before coming to sit next to me again. "I would love to, but I don't want to force you into anything." He whispered looking down at his hands, a slight blush dusting his cheeks.

He looked adorable!

"You can't force me into it because there's nothing more in life that I want, to be by your side, forever."

He looked up at me. "Really?"

"Absolutely." He pulled me into a bone crushing hug and we sat there enjoying each and every moment of one another.

"Harry!" Blaise stormed into the room and the two of us pulled away. "Oh. Was I interrupting something?"

I shook my head. "No you're fine, but what do you need?"

"Right. So Weasley's outside of the common room. He said that you were supposed to meet him."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. I'll be down in a minute." I told Blaise. He left the room and I turned back to Draco. "Wish me luck?"

He smiled at me. "You don't need it." He replied softly before his face turned serious. "But I swear, I'll make sure there are no tarts at dinner tonight unless you get dressed!"

"No! Not my tarts!"

"Then get dressed."

"Fine." I pouted.

I pulled on the regular Slytherin robes uniform and Draco helped me knot the tie. He says I do it sloppily and that it looks bad, so he pretty much does it now.

"I'll meet you in the exam room." He said to me. I nodded my head and turned, but before I left the room he grabbed my upper arm and turned me towards him and gave me a peck on the lips.

I left the dorm room and eventually left the Slytherin green common room.

Ron stood right outside, just like Blaise had said.

He was leaning up against the wall, a frown on his face, but when he heard me, he looked up and straightened himself out.

"I thought we were meeting on the quidditch field." He said.

"Sorry. I got distracted. So, you wanted to talk."

"Er, right. Listen Harry. I'm so sorry for everything that I've said and done. It was wrong of me to get mad at you for being gay and for dating Malfoy. I wish I would've seen it sooner."

"What did make you realize that?"

Ron's lips twitched slightly into a smile. "Hermione and my mom, of course. I can always depend on them to help keep my head straight."

"So in other words you're only talking to me because of Hermione and Mrs. Weasley." I said crossing my arms.

"No! They just made me realize how much of an idiot I was. Not to mention it's not the same without you. I freaked out and got angry and in return I lost my best friend, my brother." His face dropped immensely. I could tell he meant every word.

"And what about Ginny?"

"She's still upset about how you'll never date her, but she'll get over it."

"And what about you Ron? Are you going to lash out on either of us because we're gay and dating?" I asked him. Honestly, I have already forgiven him. Ron's not good at talking about his feelings so the fact that he's trying so hard to talk about them now makes me truly believe he regrets it, but it doesn't mean that could change in the future. Also, he's my best friend, I don't think I could hate him forever even if I wanted to.

"No. Never again. I shouldn't jump to conclusions that Malfoy is evil, especially since you have given him all of your trust. I may not trust him, but I trust you and I'm willing to look past everything that's happened between me and him and maybe even get to know him. He can't be that bad if he's dating you." He said before looking directly at me with a great intensity behind his eyes. "I don't care that you're gay, I don't care that you're dating Malfoy, I'm sorry for reacting the way I did and I just really want my best friend back."

I could only smile widely at this. "All is forgiven, but I hope you do mean what you said and that you'll talk to Draco. I think the two of you would get along nicely."

Ron smiled back, relieved that I had forgiven him. "I guess we'll have to test out his wizards chess skills and then I can make a judgement."

I laughed. "That would be a good competition, both of you are great at it."

"Yeah, anyways, Hermione is waiting for us in the Great Hall, since that's where the exams take place." He said.

"And Draco will be there in a bit, so let's go." The two of us smiled at each other before racing up the stairs and down the halls.