Ch. 45- Scrawny Motherfucker With A Cool Hairstyle

Hidokina's POV

All Might... fucking All Might cleared my criminal name just so I could go to school. I... literally cannot fucking believe this... the number 1 hero (of my heart) really just... helped me out of the goodness of his heart. There's no way he has any idea how much this means to me, but goddammit, I can't remember the last time I've been this happy!!!

"Hey, kid, you doin' okay over there? You look completely spaced out." My aunt (apparently), Midnight, asked with a smile on her face and a concerned brow raised. My heart jumped out of my chest and I sat up straight and rigid in my seat, clenching my fists slightly in my lap. I know she's my family, but I still felt really nervous around her..

"I'm... doing well, thank you. Just please keep your eyes on the road." I say as confidently as I could. She lets out a sigh of defeat and turns her head back to the front window, the red light glaring the both of us in the face judgementally.

For a moment, there was silence.

"You know, you don't need to act so formal. I'm your family, sure, you may not have known about me, hell, you don't even have to like me! But I... if I knew what my sister and her husband did to you..." Her grip on the steering wheel tightened, "I.. wouldn't have let it happen." I glanced in her direction through the long bangs of my hair. The guilt was evident on her face, even if the rim of her extravagent red glasses blocked her eyes from my sight.

"It.. wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known, no one else did. But... that's not why I act like this." I say vaguely, and her mood seems to change instantly.

"Oh, I know that, how oblivious do you think I am?" She was jokingly hostile. "I figured it out once you told me to keep my eyes on the road. You don't need to try and grow up so fast, y'know? You're a kid, you need to be allowed to enjoy simple kid things... no matter what they may be. You're.. free now, in a way." She smiled brightly as the light turned green, the hum of the car beginning as she drove us forward. I was stunned, how could she have possibly picked it up from such a simple phrase?

"Unless you've been bred to be an adult, and now it's just second nature to be so mature. Either way, know that it's okay to let loose. Be a little jovial. Show that spark of youth I know is still inside you!" She turned to smile at me for a brief moment, hope and confidence sparkling in her eyes. It shook me to my core. Not just her look, but her words. I've.. never been told that before. It's okay to be jovial?

"I... what if I don't know how to be jovial?" I asked sadly.

"Whether you know it or not, once you join this school and hang around the students at UA more, you'll learn, Sugar." She explains simply. 'Sugar'... only one other person calls me that. The only person at UA I'm a little familiar with so far. Maybe she could be the first stepping stone to reclaiming my youth. She seems... like she relates. Grown into a family to be mature, but eventually learning to loosen up.

She'll help me...

If only I knew her goddamn name.

"Well, here we are, Hope's Peak Middle School!" Midnight pulls up to the front of the school and I pull my bag over my shoulder, stepping out of the car. But, before I leave, I look back to Midnight.

"Hey uh... before I go, what's the name of the one girl from class A? The one with the ponytail?" I ask nervously. Midnight just smiles at me.