Roots

A/N: This is really sad. The first time I heard this song, I almost cried for some reason so yeah. This is one of those stories I just sat down and wrote it all in one sitting. Enjoy!

Peter had been such a good kid. Such a good kid.

And then something happened.

Peter had loved everyone. May, Ben (when he was alive) Tony, even his parents although he hadn't gotten much of a chance to get to know them.

And then he graduated college. And he became successful. He forgot about his family. May, Pepper and even Tony. He had forgotten of his highschool love, MJ. He still was friends with Ned, but not like before. He was distant now, and never had time.

He had a high position in a big company. He had a big office and an assistant named Sarah, so he didn't have to go get coffee.

He would work all day, then go out with his office friends to the club to hook up with girls. He was rich and successful all at the ripe age of 22. He had what he didn't have growing up.

He had a big apartment, that was lavishly decorated, with big windows, showing a beautiful view of New York. Everything was perfect and tidy.

He hadn't had enough time to go out as Spider-Man, so that suit went away, in a box somewhere probably. He figured there was so many other superhero's right?

One day Peter got home from work. The apartment was particularly quiet. He set down his brief case, and went to the kitchen to make food.

When he got to the kitchen he took off his blazer and set it on one of the many chairs.

He opened the fridge. He had a few things he could have. He pulled out some leftovers and put them in the microwave. The whirring of the microwave filled the apartment. Peter ignored it, thinking of his meeting the next day.

The phone rang. He sighed and picked it up, "Hello, this is Peter Parker speaking."

The lady on the other line sounded disheartened, "Oh yes, this is Lenox Hill Hospital, um, I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Parker but...May Parker has passed away. She was in a car crash, she only had a few minutes left when the ambulances came. I'm so sorry."

Peters heart skipped a beat, "Oh... Oh, okay. Thank you for... informing me."

Peter set the phone down and hung up. 

And it all came crashing down.

What had he done. He messed up so much. He... he had abandoned everyone he loved. He had new girls over every night.

The last thing he remembered saying to May was... was, I have to go May, I can't talk I have a big meeting.

He was all alone. Memories flooded back, of everything. Of May, loving him so much, working for his future every day. Tony, taking him in, like the father he never had. And being Spider-Man, saving people, doing something good for the world. And oh no, Ned. His best friend. The only person who he always had. To play Minecraft with, or to save his life. And... MJ. The love... the love he had forgotten, but not lost.

What had he done?! He had wasted his life away, and now May was gone. May was gone. She would never call or video chat or invite him over for lunch again. She was going to be buried in the ground next to Ben and his parents.

May was gone.

The microwave beeped.

He slammed his fist into it, not caring about the food anymore. The super strength he always suppressed can out, leaving a dent in the microwave.

He fell on his knees. No. He was stupid. And alone. He had blocked everyone out of his life. He lived alone, with no friends in a huge lavish, empty apartment.

"I'm so sorry May. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry!" Peter cried. His whole life wasn't worth anything, because he had lost everyone he knew.

He wanted to scream and cry and shout.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm so stupid! I had all I needed, but I left it! And now..."

He cried. And he didn't stop crying. He cried and cried as it got darker and darker. His eyes were bloodshot and red.

He didn't know where to go.

He scrolled through his phone, looking at all his contacts. He had no one. Then, he came across the name he knew he had to go to.

Slowly Peter knocked on the door. He couldn't believe he was there. At the so familiar door, that was somehow now, just an old memory.

A few seconds passed as Peter shivered in the cold.

Then the door opened. Tony stood in the doorway, "-Peter? What are you doing here?"

Peter hung his head. Tony shouldn't have had to ask why he was there. But he hadn't been in so long.

"I-I'm sorry." Peter said, his voice breaking.

Tony looked at Peter, with love and concern flooding his eyes.

"I- I left everyone I love. Everyone who cared for me." Peters voice wobbled a bit, "Even after you took me in... and taught me everything... I'm so sorry... I left."

"Peter-" Tony said.

"And now... now Mays gone. She- she's gone dad. I never got to say thank you." This is the moment Tony embraces Peter holding him tight.

"Peter, I love you. We all make mistakes... now come in, your staying the night."

Peter didn't hesitate.

Tony was still holding him tight, guiding his crying son towards the couch.

"Dad, I'm so-"

Tony cut him off, "Shhh, shhh, it's okay Bambi."

This made Peter cry more. He left everything! Everything for money! And yet... Tony, still came back to him to help him when he needed it most.

After a while peter fell asleep on Tony's lap, tears drying on his face.

Pepper cane down the stairs, "I heard crying is Morga- is that, is that Peter?"

Tony nodded, "Pepper, May... she's gone."

Peppers face fell, "No... this can't be happening... Peter he-"

"He feels even worse because he realized he didn't spend enough time with her... and I think he's sorry he didn't visit us or his friends either. He just... everything's changed for him. He thinks we don't like him because he left. I think it's a good life lesson. I always knew he would come back someday, but he had to go through the experience himself... I know I had to."

Pepper nodded, "We... we have our boy back."
She didn't smile, because of the dire situation, but seeing the boy she called son, back in her house all grown up... she knew it was going to be good.

A/N: Part two? Idk what it would be exactly but I liked this story so.... yeah. Maybe mending relationships with the Starks, basically his family, or maybe we get to see some MJ and Ned and MJ and MJ. Idk, I could honestly probably turn this into a series.
Comment what you think.

Do you want part two?

A series?

Like it was eh....

Edit: what the heck, I'm making it into a series I have so many good ideas, so, I'm going to call the story Roots. You should check it out! Find it under #peterparker #roots. This will be the first chapter :)

Later my gators 🐊