Chapter 51: "Breaking The Ice"

After the movie, everyone went for seconds of the desserts and quickly settled back in the living room to talk. After some varied conversation that was beginning to end, Evony crossed her legs and turned to you. "How about we all share one random story from our lives? As an ice breaker or something?" She suggested, tucking a loose tendril of hair behind her ear. Her bun may be messier now, but it's still gorgeous.

"ey, i think that's a good idea." Papyrus replied. "it'll be interesting to see how different our lives all are."

Sans nodded his skull, smiling. "SO, WHO'S GOING TO GO FIRST?" He asked, looking around the room to see if there were any takers.

Suddenly, you shrugged your shoulders and raised your hand. "I'm game." You responded, then sat up and smiled. "Hmmm, ah. I got it!"

"When I was around 12, I went to the fair with a good friend of mine at the time. His name was Grey, and he was a mischievous little punk." You laughed, smiling. "We ran around for a while playing games and riding rides, but after an hour or so... The troublemaker in him finally showed up and he convinced me to go into the haunted house with him and hide in the back as we pillaged their stash of costumes."

You hummed in thought for a second, tapping a finger on your chin. "And, this may sound awful... But we both dressed in scary masks and ended up running into the nearby bouncy house and chased the children around." You snorted and began to laugh, and so did the others. "Grey's dad happened to be just around the corner though sadly, and the dozens of nearby children crying and screaming in fear must've alerted him that something was up. And, that's where our fun ended. I was grounded for two weeks afterward."

"Oh my God. (Y\N) is a baddie!" Evony laughed, clapping. "Have any regrets?" She questioned curiously. This caused you to snigger, humor in your (e\c) gaze. "This is horrible, but no. That's hysterical to me, even this many years later."

"a+, kiddo." Papyrus snickered. "i wouldn't be caught dead doin' somethin' like that in a million years though." He commented and Sans arched a 'bone'brow at his claim immediately. He crossed his arms against his ribcage and peered over at his older brother. "OH, REALLY NOW? I RECALL THAT YOU GOT ARRESTED BY THE ROYAL GUARD JUST A FEW YEARS AGO. I WOULD ARGUE THAT'S WORSE."

"You did what now?" Maia suddenly gasped and Papyrus' skull flushed a faint orange. "Papyrus, are you a criminal?" You ask, leaning over with a playfully mad expression. At this, he hunkered down to lean down to face you. "do ya have a thing for 'em?" He asked back, his voice smooth and a bit flirtatious. You couldn't help but stifle a laugh at that question. Somebody clearly didn't think that through.

"Considering the circumstances, no." You responded and he paused for a moment, then it sank in. "oh, well... er–in that case, no i am a perfectly law abidin' citizen!" He grinned nervously and you shook your head, rolling your eyes.

"I am dying to know what the hell happened in that situation. Papyrus, do you think you could share that as your story?" Evony asked, crossing her legs and adjusting her glasses. And, to your relief, he nodded. "yeah, 'course."

"well, when i was 22, i attempted to prank alphys–at that time she wasn't quite so high up in 'er ranks. sans was 17 and already eyein' the royal guard. so, i did what every big bro would do... try and get their attention." He began to explain, tapping a phalange on his chin.

"i asked around until i found 'er house. and, when i did, i started playin' spooky noises off a speaker hidden in the bushes. i was hidden nearby as well, but she didn't know that. i had placed a note on the doorstep. but, er—" He trailed off, chuckling. "apparently i wasn't hidden as well as i'd hoped because she threw her axe at me. when i jumped out of the way, she ran and tackled me. And that's the story of how we met, and how i ended up in a prison cell for 12 hours."