thirteen

Namjoon was left aghast as the man in front of him crept closer with a sickening sweet smile. "G-Guardian angel!? You must be joking."

Jin shunned him and seized the father into a hug. "Oh how rude of you! You don't believe me!" Snuzzling his face into the other, the angel cringed as the odor of boozed still laced Namjoon's jacket.

"How can I believe you when you act so playful?" The older remarked, struggling to loosen the other's grasp.

The playfulness oozing from the angel ceased and Namjoon suddenly regretted the words that left his lips. Jin stared into his eyes with cold ones.

Pressing the older against the wall, Jin whispered, "I'm not lying."

A brilliant light submerged from the younger as his eyes glowed with a burning fire of purity. Beautiful wings stretched to wall to wall as the sparkling brilliance overflowed the room.

All Namjoon could do was slump to the ground in awe, intimidation and admiration merged within him.

Jin cradled the father, slowly morphing into human state once again.

In a hushed voice, the angel cooed, "Now do you believe me, Namjoon?"

-

The sky was painted gray as the gods above cried, how fitting for a vampire's funeral.

People around the son mourned, but Jungkook was left detached from the world. The only thing that rushed through his mind was that Jimin was gone and his was the new king of the undead.

A hand rested on the hier, bring him back to reality. Jungkook met the eyes of his childhood friend, Taehyung. The expression plastered on the pale face was worry, but a smile was forced nevertheless.

"What do you want, Taehyung?" The demon scoffed. "Don't treat your best friend like that, I came to give my respects!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the animated boy.

Taehyung huffed, "My father also is giving more support and even guidance since you are suddenly the fresh beneficiary due to dire circumstances."

The other remained silent as the words savored in the humid air. Jungkook made eye contact with his friend and hesitantly confessed.

"Jimin ran away."