Chapter 14

Thomas's POV ♤

Michael was waiting in the kitchen for us when we got back. He was definitely not a happen camper about it either. It's like he ate a lightbulb and got mad that it cut.

He smiled at Grace and pulled me into a corner. His eyes were flashing so many different colors, it was hard to keep track. The color that stuck out to me the most, was when his eyes turned catlike. 

His hand was gripping into my shoulders, with nails that felt like little blades. His voice was deeper. 

This was not the Michael I was used to. This was his Mr. Hyde.

"When you get done socializing with your friend, come to my room." He demanded. There was no asking in his tone.

I didn't know what to do, so I nodded. I didn't trust my voice to actually say anything. Shimmying back to my stool I sat down. I didn't even realize that Axel had a similar look on his face as he watched Micheal leave.

"When d-did this happen?" I broke Grace and I's silence. 

"Driving home after school. I stopped by the post office to get my grandma stamps, when I was caught." She whispered. I could tell she was afraid by the way her green and blue eyes shifted wildly towards the redhead. Lastly she said "I don't know what's happening, I haven't even looked out a window in weeks. What day is it?"

What day is it? I don't even know. 

"You left one day b-before me, I think. I was taken October 10th, so you were the n-ninth." I told her urgently. 

I know Axel is listening to us. I just hope he doesn't tell his friend. I scoffed at myself, of course she knows. How could she not? If Axel knows, so does she. The glare she's sending my way is definitely an indicator that my guess is correct.

"Brunch is ready." Axel put a giant plate of pancakes, hash browns, and a few strips of bacon in front of me.

"Thank you." Grace said, and dug in. I was quick to follow her. After she said that Axel and Red got into a deep conversation, in some other language.

I decided to try conversing again "How is it?" Crossing my fingers, I looked at her with hopeful eyes. 

She better get my message.

"Not great, I'm not too fond of pancakes. How about yours?" Yes! She got it! I only know that cause she loves pancakes with a passion. In our own language, I know she's talking about her "mate".

"Could be better. They are h-h-horribly dry." I responded, giving her a small smile. 

"Oof" a small streak of pain went through my calf. Grace shrugged nonchalantly, but she was telling me something. Our company was no longer occupied with themselves.

"Can we please not critique my cooking now." Axel said jokingly. In reality I knew it was more pleading than anything. 

Through living here for the past few weeks I have learned that he is very self conscious about his food. He's not the best cook, but he does try. At least he didn't set the kitchen on fire. 

I almost felt guilty for using his cooking as a code.

"You suck at cooking and you know it. Stop making them feel guilty cause you won't buy a cookbook." The red faerie said. She sounded like she was convicting him if a crime.

Axel flinched and I found myself subconsciously reaching out to rub his shoulder. I stopped myself before it could happen. What is wrong with me?

"Can G-grace and I go talk in m-my room?" I asked. I know he won't let me, but I still need to try. Right?

"No." Axel didn't get a chance before red answered.

Grace looked distraught. I can tell she has a lot more to tell me then what we can do with codes. For the rest of the time we had, we talked about trivial matters.

I found out Red's name was Ash, hunters had been snooping around their hideout lately, and that Axel and Ash met whole fishing. Four hours with my bestfriend I missed so much, and I couldn't even tell her what I wanted to. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see her, but it would be nice to talk to her without censoring my words.

By two it was time for them to go. They said they would stay in touch, but I don't think I'll see her for a while. Not when they are treating us like prisoners. With last goodbyes said they walked out the door.

"Thank you for l-letting me see her again." I said turning to Axel.

He pulled me into a tight hug. I didn't catch that I was snuggling into it until it was too late to back out. 

"Your welcome. I'll make sure you too get to talk more next time." He promised. I guess he's more observant than I originally thought. "If you don't go now, Mike will be angry. He's been having trouble controlling his Eue." 

I'm shocked. How does he know what Michael said to me? What the hell is an Eue?

With a chuckle he sent me off to my doom. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I knew this was a mistake. Looking at Michael now, I know he's not the sweet one I've begun to grow fond of. This was the man who took me from my home a few weeks ago. This was the monster.

"What d-d-did you want to t-talk about?" I asked nervously. 

Lately it seems all I've been doing is asking. When the hell will I get the answers I need? The more time I spend with them, the more I feel like I'm drowning in my own thoughts.

"Why won't you choose one of us already?" He growled. He was stalking back and forth, ever once and a while circling me. 

I feel trapped.

"I c-c-can't." I honestly couldn't. I've gotten a bit attached, as much as I hate to say it. I got used to demanding yet careful ways of Axel, and the sweet romantic gestures of Michael. Don't get me wrong, I still dislike them, but the attention I get from then has made me feel more wanted then I did with my adopted parents. Heck, it made me feel more wanted than my real parents.

"Why not!" 

This wasn't him. This wasn't the same guy who made me pie. Who is this? 

"I just can't Michael!"

"Don't call me that! My name is Dariusz." He growled violently. The longer I'm here, the more he reminds me of a lion. 

"Please don't h-hurt me." The closer his pacing got to me, the more I thought he was going to pounce. Unlike with Axel, I don't think there would be a safe word to make it all stop.

As soon as the words left my mouth everything stopped. His eyes turned back to the bright green I was used to, and his black hair went back to its regular brown. He was my Michael again. 

No! Not mine, just the one I knew, or thought I did.

"I would never hurt you." He out both hands on my face and made me look up. "You believe me don't you? I'm so, so, so, so sorry baby." 

He leaned down and kissed my temple.

I am spellbound. All I can think of is his lips on mine.  Would he kiss hard and rough, making me whimper and whine for more, or would he be soft and gentle, making me pant with the passion he was able to put into it.

He must've seen me gazing longingly at my lips, cause within seconds of snapping out of my thoughts he was kissing me. It was soft and passionate, with rough bites every now and again when he wanted to hear me moan. 

God, I sound like a whore. A useless, stupid, gullible whore.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.  My babies are finally making a bit if progress.  If you liked it please vote or comment.  I would love feedback.

Hope you having a high-quality day:)