Chapter Twenty-Six

October 14, 2019

--

Sheila

--

How could he see me? I was in the gap. The gap between reality and insanity. Nobody but shadow wolves use this space to their advantage. My flames of darkness swarmed around me, protecting me.

There was no backing out now. I gritted my teeth and howled as I jumped, ready to rip out his throat. Then I saw him raise his hand at godly speed. I saw my life flash before my eyes.

He grabbed me by the scruff my neck and threw me into the ground. It knocked the wind out on me, then I bit at his legs and arms that held me. The pain made him tightened his grip on my neck, "I knew you would come back to me," he had a sick smile as he looked down at me with familiar red eyes. I growled at him but now there was something undeniable, I was losing air. Fear struck me and I started to squirm under his grasp.

His grip tightened, saliva that I couldn't swallow was now running out of my mouth and into the dirt below me. "Submit sweety." I used my hind legs and kicked at his knees. He grunted and loosened his grip on my neck. It was enough to turn my mouth and bite down on his wrist.

His copper blood flooded into my mouth as he howled in pain, pulling his hand out of my mouth. I jumped back and locked my legs once more. I was going to attack but I was startled.

I watched as Kolgrim, the villain of my worst nightmares, howls of pain turned to howls of laughter. It sent chills down my spine. I watched as he ran his bloody hand through his hair and looked at me through slitted eyes.

Then he attacked me, his magic that looked like dark red swirled around his hands enlongating his nails into claws. He jumped at me, swiping at my face. I kept jumping backwards, using the trees as personal shields. He was fast, fast enough I couldn't land a blow on him. But he was not as fast as Weni.

He kept giving me light scratches, light enough that they healed in thirty seconds. They were just annoying. I could do this for days. Though I was getting further and further away from my mate who was still desperately searching for me.

Maybe that was his plan. To Isolate me. To kidnapped me, afterall, I guess I was the thing he was looking for. That thought alone made my blood run cold.

I fumbled in my steps and he reached out sinking his claws into my neck. I whimpered in pain, pulling back, his long talons leaving streaks of ripped flesh in its wake.

I was breathing out heavily, my neck burned, I had to go on the offense, I had to attack or I would be done for. I'm not gaining anything from running. I backed myself up against the tree. I saw him smirk, thinking he had me. He didn't hesitate to attack me again. Though I used the tree as a spring and jumped off it.

Propelling myself head first, I bit into his shoulder. I clenched my jaw as he ripped into my back. I dug my teeth deeper before I couldn't take the pain anymore and pushed off him.

I howled in pain, but I kept my eyes on Kolgim. He was huffing as much as I was. His nails, a few ripped off, which meant they were somewhere in my back. His shoulders were slumped, though still in a defensive stance. One hand was holding his shoulder that was now spurting with blood.

Tingles were starting to form in the back of my head. I have stayed in the gap for too long. I needed to get out and soon. Though that would mean my mate would smell me and hunt me down. One thing I didn't want is him running headfirst into this brawl. Into danger. I had to finish this soon. For me. For my mate.

"I always have loved someone who wouldn't give up. Even when they know they are going to lose." He laughed, squaring up to me again. "You will be quite the pet once I'm done taming you."

He summoned something with lightning. It struck in between us the gust of it made me stumble back in fright. The tingles in the back of my head grew as a staff formed in Kolgrim's hands.

I almost couldn't have done anything as he pointed his staff at me. I braced myself as I was at odds with that staff could do. 'Gods please keep Zaiventh safe,' I prayed as I snapped from within the gap, entering the "real" world once more. I charged him as the staff charged up.

I braced myself for impact, but I heard something before I felt anything. The roar of my mate. I looked at Kolgim to just get a glance at my mate who slammed into him.

"No!" I roared in fright.

"Zaivinth!" I gasped as I ran to back him up. The staff sent lighting through Zaivinth. He shook drastically, the electric volts flooding into him. He had taken the hit for me. Now he was suffering for it.

I howled in pain, running to check on my mate who had now slumped to the floor.

Laughter filled the forest again. The hideous laughter of Kolgim. I growled stalking closer to him, I would kill this man. End the war before it started. He was so close, he was on his last leg. I just needed the last blow.

"I will leave you this time, Kitten." He winked as he propped himself up on his staff. "I have elsewhere to be now."

I ran at him, trying to kill him. Though right before I got him, he disappeared into the mist.

--

I have been howling for hours. Hours. For anyone, anything. For my mate to wake up. For the elves to hear us. For the dragons to hear us. I had no idea where we were. If we were close.

My mate was unconscious, and I was unsure of his well being. My greatest fear was him dying. I rested so close to him, growing bigger so I could give him the greatest amount of warmth. Unless he shifted back to his human form, I wouldn't be able to do anything to help him.

I felt so helpless.

"Think, think!" I almost yelled at myself as I rested next to him. I was in no shape to do anting drastic. But I had to do something. I was so angry at the wounds on my back that wouldn't heal. They were too deep and the mating bond was sucking everything out of me.

The mating bond will feed energy off one another, to help the weak or sick mates gain strength. It's a great thing until both are injured and one ends up giving too much energy and dies.

But I would die for him.

I would die for him. I gasped aloud, the thought struck me dead. The realization left me frozen.

I loved him.

I truly, utterly, loved my mate.

There was rustling in the trees, then instantly after men had appeared in the gaps of the tree. Fully geared in unknown black armor.

"Step away from His Majesty or we will kill you."

--

Oh no. She caught feels.

 She caught feels

ms-NL3rMG.gif

DO YOU MISS WENI?

1-10 how much do you hate Kolgrim?

Excited for the Castle?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE!