𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕄𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣'𝕤 𝕊𝕠𝕟

CHAPTER 03; EVERY MOTHER'S SON

Hayley and I were eating on an array of fruit and other breakfast foods when Klaus walked down the stairs to join us

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" Hayley asked.

"And we're only asking because I know you can't cook." I added with a smile. He gave me a playful glare before turning to Hayley confused.

"It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this..."

"Hmm. Well then, I guess we have Elijah to thank?"

Elijah returned to the compound, joining us as he looked confused as he sees the breakfast spread in front of us.

"This wasn't my doing..." Elijah said trailing off.

Hayley frowned when she saw Elijah.

"Then where did all this come from?" I asked.

Right after I said that, the silver lid on the platter suddenly begins to rattle. Startling not only me, but Hayley and Elijah as well. Klaus looked uneasy before lifting the platter, releasing two Starlings that fly into the air. The three of us reflexively duck down before looking at each other nervous and puzzled.

"What the hell was that?"

Klaus reaches for the invitation and opens it. I walk a few steps over so that I'm next to him and read the note.

Dinner
Your Home
8pm

I quietly gasped.

"An invitation from our mother." Klaus revealed.

I looked at the Mikaelson brothers to see that they were already looking at each other in concern.